"Brothers Grimoire" opens with Wendy and Tommy on a picnic date. A rat scurries by. Wendy (being a good cat) grabs it with her long nails (ie claws). She flings it down. Raty hightails it back to the bushes. And its just another ordinary day in East End.
As you recall from last week Victor was being tortured by someone. It turns out to be the rat (Isis) and her twin (Ivar). Those two are definitely closer than they should be. Can you say "twincest"? Anyway they're looking for the key to get back to Asgard. Victor doesnt have it. They intercept the text from Joanna to Victor about Frederick. They head over to the bar to find their old friend. Apparently both sets of twins used to cause a ruckus back in Asgard. I still dont understand when Isis and Ivar got to East End and where they were up until now.
Frederick says he doesnt have the key either. Isis kidnaps Freya. She and Victor will die in two hours if they dont fork over the key. Frederick manages to stop Ivar by making a snake in a spell book come to life and bite him. One dead twin, one to go. When Joanna finds out whats going on, she is NOT happy.
Meanwhile the fates may be trying to tell Wendy and Tommy something. So far she's stabbed him in the back with a dart, a car has almost run over them and she kissed him after eating peanuts (and dude has a serious peanut allergy). Is Wendy just afraid of a serious relationship or is something else going on?
In story line C Dash and Killian discover their inheritance from mommy Penelope. It turns out to be a spell book (grimoire). And like any curious would-be-warlocks, they decide to perform a spell. Unfortunately they didnt read the fine print. It sucks all the life force out of Kilian and gives it to Dash. Now Killian is dying. Luckily they call Ingrid who is able to help (after a brief stop to snog the blue tentacled monster).
Back at the torture chamber, Joanna is trying all the spells she can think of but nothing is working. In fact its making things worse. Victor finally convinces Joanna to have him trade seats with Freya. She will live and he will go BOOM!
Points to Ponder:
- Why would Victor trade places with Freya? Freya will be reborn if she dies and Victor will not. Also why was everyone cursed by Daddy Odin when they left Asgard except for Victor? Is Victor really dead? Freya thinks so. The news drives her back into Killian's arms. Where is Owl Girl?
- Ivar is dead but Isis appears to be alive. Will we see her again? I hope so. She was great and I love me some Rachel Nichols. How does she have time to guest star on "Witches Of East End" when she's in every scene of each episode of "Continuum"?
- When will we learn what's up with the blue sex monster?
- Do you still distrust Frederick? I do.
- Is Tommy doomed to some horrible tragic death if he's with Wendy?.
- Favorite Quote: "Anyone but Joanna. That bitches scares me."- Isis the Rat about her fear of Joanna.
Grade: 4 Monsters (out of 5). I'm liking season 2 even more than season 1 (and I really liked that one).
TV: Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality