Defiance Episodes 8-9 Recaps: I Just Wasnt Made For These Times and If I Ever Leave This World Alive - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Defiance Episodes 8-9 Recaps: I Just Wasnt Made For These Times and If I Ever Leave This World Alive


As always, the picture on this post may or may not have anything with the episode. I just like posting pictures of Stahma. This time however it is fitting since Stahma played a prominent role in each episode. Every move she makes is a calculated part of her master plan (although we dont know what that is yet). Here's my thoughts on 8 and 9:
  • Gordon McClintock (an astronaut from the past) is found near death in an Arkfall. I don't want to spoil it for ya so stop now if you haven't seen the show. It turns out he is NOT human but some sort of Indogene created by... wait for it... Dr Yewell. I definitely didnt see that coming. He was created to spy on/ kill the humans. What other secrets is Dr Yewell hiding from us? Anyway McCyborg can't reconcile who he is and flings himself in the lava (or whatever that stuff is) in the mines. Rafe tries to talk him down but to no avail. 
  • Connor (the erep) is back and offers Amanda the job of governor. They apparently used to be an item. She got pregnant but aborted without consulting him first. 
  • Stahma and Kenya are still getting it on. Kenya is developing feelings for Stahma. She tells Datak she can't "service" him anymore (which makes him very angry). Stahma tells Kenya that she needs to learn to play the game better. I think Stahma is just playing Kenya. And how did that scene with Stahma in the bath get past the censors? Dont get me wrong. I am NOT complaining. More please! 
  • In episode 9 people start dropping from the hemorrhagic plague. Many get sick including Amanda and Christie. The Irathients are quarantined because the humans think they're carriers. Connor and Nolan drive to the Badlands to get an antidote. Earth Rep won't let them back through the Defiance blockage initially but they finally relent.  
  • Ex Mayor Nicky is still flittering around. She tells Quentin that his mother was bipolar and is still alive. He gives her the gold thingy and leaves town to find her. She says she previously had an affair with Rafe. Say what? I dont see them as a couple. We also see Nicky talking to Yewell about whatever their master plan is. I don't know the specifics but it involves a lot of people dying. Yewell is a sneaky snake. I no longer trust her. 
  • The plague provides the perfect climate for Datak to take over the town. At one point I thought he was going to destroy the medicine to kill all the humans. However it turns out that was just a ploy to knock off some Iraths. And he kills Connor. Again, I didn't see that coming. Good thing Nolan was passed out or he would be dead too. Datak now has a story (read "lie") to tell everyone. 
  • Favorite scene: After everyone recovers,  Amanda and Datak go on Alak's radio show. Alak turned off Amanda's mic so she can't respond to Dataks rant about becoming mayor. That is one power hungry family



Grade: 4 1/2 Monsters (out of 5). I really enjoyed these two episodes. I thought they were two of the best to date. What did you think? 


Defiance Episodes 8-9 Recaps: I Just Wasnt Made For These Times and If I Ever Leave This World Alive Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 10:03 PM Rating: 5 As always, the picture on this post may or may not have anything with the episode. I just like posting pictures of Stahma. This time how...

No comments: