12 Monkeys Favorite Quotes From Season 1: Splinter, Apocalypse, Rinse, Repeat - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

12 Monkeys Favorite Quotes From Season 1: Splinter, Apocalypse, Rinse, Repeat


"12 Monkeys" has quickly become one of the best new sci fi finds on television. Sure I was initially skeptical since it's yet another retread of a movie. But "12 Monkeys" is one of those rare shows that actually elevates the source material. It's both compelling and thought provoking. 

Since we're in between seasons, let's look back at some of the best quotes (and there are many). Visit my recaps at 12 Monkey Reviews for the context in which each occurred.  Just dont ask me to explain the specifics of time travel or my head will explode. 


  • "Splinter, apocalypse, rinse, repeat"- Cassie to Cole. This is my favorite quote of the season. It sums up the show perfectly.
  • "What if your life was destroyed? You'd do things, horrible things to survive wouldnt you? What if you could take it back, all of it? A reset switch. You'd hit it, right?"- Cole in the episode 1 and episode 13 voiceover. 
  •  "Everyone else is bound by time. Not you. Not even the paradox can hold you now."- Jones to Cole as he starts his first time traveling mission. 
  • "You're going to help me change the world Mr Cole."- Jones. 
  • "She is not your mission. She is just a puzzle piece...Everyone you see is already dead."- Jones. 
  • "What did I do that was so bad that the laws of physics were broken so that you could come after me?"- Leland to Cole.
  • "Mother Nature doesnt like it when you rearrange her furniture."- Cole. 
  • "Time is cruel Mr Cole. I've learned enough about it to fear it."- Jones to Cole.
  • "I dont want to do this to you. I dont, but if you ignore this message and make some kind of attempt to scream or to contact the authorities, I will."-The Man in Black to Cassie. 
  • "Just remember you're not from there, you're from here. We do what we have to do."- Ramse to Cole. Hmm, exactly what does that mean? 
  • Cole: "How did you find me?" Cassie: "The North Koreans called." Best line of the night.
  • Man In Black: "Who are you?" Cole: "You dont know me but you will."
  • After a Chinese food delivery. Cole: "That guys a general [referring to General Tsao's chicken]"? If the future doesnt have Chinese food, I dont wanna be there. 
  • "We have to save the machine. Nothing else matters."- Jones to Cole as the scavengers attack. 
  • "I'm at Atari"- Ramse to  Cole when he's about to be killed. 
  • "This thing falls into the wrong hands... brimstone, horsemen, zombies, crazy clowns, party's over."- Jennifer to Ivan. 
  • "I'm from the apocalypse, everything looks weird to me."- Cole's response to Cassie asking if the Night Room building looks strange.  
  •  "Attention Night Room Shoppers"- Jennifer. 
  • "What is the lives of a few people compared to the whole of human history?"- Jones to Ramse. 
  • Jennifer: "I cannot tell a lie so I told you a half truth". Pallid: "And the other half." Jennifer: Buried. Desert island. Palm trees and coconuts, desert island". 
  • "Inside that old meat is a centuries old virus."- Pallid Man.  
  • "You're important and he has plans for you"- mysterious woman to Cassie about the Witness.
  • "You and I are breaking the unwritten rules of the universe Mr Cole. Time, it's going to take what it's owed. It will kill you...eventually."- Jones to Cole.
  • "We're here. Let's just be here."- Cole to Cassie at the gala where they dance.
  • "You'll get used to it"- Cassie to Aaron about Cole's abrupt splintering.
  • "What in the world is worth saving if they were to risk extinction to swat a fly?'- Alex to Cole. 
  • "There is no cure and there never will be."- Jones to Foster.
  • "Im not here to ask. I will have your core. The only thing undecided is whether you will give it to me or if I must take it."- Jones to Foster. 
  • "Goodbye Jonathan, for now"- Jones to Foster when she shoots him dead.
  • "This dark time must be sacrificed to restore a brighter one. We have no other choice. And if all this disappears so too shall we, and you and I will start anew."- Jones to Cole. 
  • "The thunder of fallen men, great men, our fathers forfeiting their world, their legacy, not for their sons, for their wives, for their mothers, for their daughters. And when disappearing men die on their words, we daughters will make from 12 what men could not. Yes, an army. You see him. Twelve's not primary but 13. Yes little monkey"- Jennifer outside the CDC with protesters. I have no idea what this really means.
  • "12 is not primary"- Old Jennifer. 
  • "Nothing is preordained. No matter how it seems...Death can be both cause and effect. No straight lines."- Old Jennifer to Ramse. 
  • "What we do here still happened in God's eyes"- Jones to Whitley about what to do about Ramse. 
  • "It's all out of order but there's still time for you and me. We have work to finish. We have to undo what I've done, you've done, what Cole's done."- Old Jennifer to Ramse. 
  • "Your daughter is the past. My son is the future."- Ramse to Jones. 
  • "Dr Reilly is very important to us and to you. Tell me. What are you willing to do to keep her alive?"- the Striking Woman (Olivia) to Ramse. 
  • "Join me traveler. You are important, valued, loved."- Olivia to Ramse in prison.  
  • "Everything is changing green to red"- Jennifer. 
  • "The period of interference has begun."- Olivia to Ramse. 
  • "Jailbreak, freedom, Rita Hayworth with a tiny hammer?"- Jen on when she can leave the hospital. 
  • "Secrets, Jennifer, are not be said out loud. Not anywhere. Not even with me. Understand?"- Leland to Jen. That guy is super creepy. 
  • "The cycle must happen exactly as it has. Otherwise the traveler will never come."- Olivia to Pale Dude. 
  • "He's not a concern. I killed him in 87 and that was his last jump."- Ramse to Olivia. 
  • "I can protect you now. You can be a daughter again."- Olivia to Jennifer. 
  • "Hope is the luxury of those unburdened by fate. I will take my last breath here."- Jones. 
  • "They were ahead us one step the whole way and now I know why. I know who the Witness is"- Cole to Cassie.  
  • "Im not good with people."- Jones to her father. Great line!
  • Cole: "You shouldnt have brought her here." Cassie: "Jones is here because she's always come here. Its fate."
  • "Maybe your always and my always are not the same"- Past Jones to Cole
  • "The only failure is in giving up."- Cole's Daddy. 
  • "I dont have time for your crazy bullshit. There's too much at stake and my patience is gone."- Cassie to Jennifer after she smacks her. 
  • "This year the dodo, next year the unicorn"- Jennifer to Cassie about her future plans. 
  • "He made his choice"- Cole (about Aaron) and later Cassie (about Ramse).
  • "It took time travel to create time travel"- Ramse to Cole.  
  • "We represent the future madam. We do not wish to be relegated to the past- Head of the Hooded Pasty Faces (HPFs) to Jones. 
  • Jennifer: "I have other plans for my company" Cassie: "So you're not cloning a dodo" Jennifer: "Of course I am, Im not a liar".

Photo Credits:
http://evelinamovies.blogspot.com/2015/01/12-monkeys-season-1-episode-2-mentally.html

The World According To GMonster
TV: Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality


April 26, 2015
12 Monkeys Favorite Quotes From Season 1: Splinter, Apocalypse, Rinse, Repeat Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 10:43 AM Rating: 5 "12 Monkeys" has quickly become one of the best new sci fi finds on television. Sure I was initially skeptical since it...

No comments: