12 Monkeys Season 2 Episode 11 Review: Resurrection - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

12 Monkeys Season 2 Episode 11 Review: Resurrection


"Resurrection" begins with Jennifer in 2044 burning her old mementos. There are newspaper clippings, photos, her Markridge ID and drawings. The Red Storm draws nearer. Hannah begs Jen to let them leave. She replies "Today is the day-- one that at ends at the beginning and begins at the end-- resurrection". Uh oh. We now know today's date-- September 23, 2044. It's the day that Jennifer is destined to die (according to the "Word Of The Witness" map). I dont know if I want to carry on without my favorite character.  

Back Project Splinter headquarters, Ramse and Cassie are still dead set on killing the Witness. I'm beginning to think these two are off their rockers. Give it a rest people! Interestingly when Cassie touches Ramse, she sees a vision of the Witness in front of Titan. Has Ramse been the Witness all alone?


Cole and Ramse draw their guns on each other. Neither can pull the trigger. They once viewed each other as family but not anymore. Ramse again tells Cole he'll never understand because he doesnt have a family. Is this foreshadowing that Cole and Cassie might have a baby? If so, I'll all in. 


Ramse solicits the help of Whitney to forceably take over. Whitney has lost faith in Jones. Everyone is desperate. Cole manages to escape and gets a drunk, naked Deacon to help him reach Jen's camp. Deacon still wallowing in pity after Cassie spurned him. Deacon also mentioned his little brother. I assume that means we'll hear more about him later. 


The Daughters storm the facility. Those ladies mean business. Deacon and Ramse get into it and Jennifer is accidentally shot. Uh oh. The Daughters declare that if Mother dies, EVERYONE dies. Cole has a plan. He goes back to 2016 and arrives at Jen's door. We had seen this scene previously but had no idea what precipitated it. Cole says "Will you help?" Jennifer replies "Have I ever said no to you? Self preservation was never my thing."


In 2044 Jennifer encounters her future self. Old Jen says "Hello egg, I'm chicken". They share some pop culture references and snort together. Too funny! Old Jen tells Young Jen that she has to be brave and take more chances. She will lead the Daughters and Ramse and Cassie by land to Titan (which is apparently in Colorado). Old Jen says "I love you. I know that's a weird thing to hear but later you'll need to remember that. OK I'm dying now." And with that Old Jen passes away. 

Cole tells Jones he always believed in her (which means a lot since everyone else has abandoned her). They share an emotional hug. Cole heads to 1957. We see Jones going down with her ship (err time machine) as the Red Storm consumes her. Cole MUST succeed on his mission. 

On the way to Titan Cassie changes her mind and turns around. She joins Cole in 1957 saying "I dont want to be afraid anymore".  Can Cassie and Cole's relationship be rebuilt after all that has transpired? I certainly hope so. Those two kids definitely love each other. 

Timely Tidbits:

  • We got another flash of Terry the Tortoise. If only that turtle could talk, the stories he could tell.
  • Deacon references his little brother. I'm sure that will be important later. And Deacon's real name is Teddy Something. Is this also a clue? 
  • Was Jones headbutting Ramse the best or what? I just love that woman. Do you think she'll end up killing Ramse at some point? 


Favorite Quotes:
  • "Today's the day-- one that ends at the beginning and begins at the end.-- resurrection"- Old Jennifer.. 
  • "There are many ending. This is one of them."- Old Jennifer to Hannah. 
  • "There are many endings. The correct one is the one you choose."- Cole to Jennifer to Cole. 
  • Cole: "Will you help?" Jennifer: "Have I ever said no to you? Self preservation was never my thing."
  • "This is the second time you've pointed a gun at me Mr Rasme. I assure you there won't be a third."- Jones right before she headbutts Ramse. Great scene!
  • "Are you willing to let someone you love die for a mission?"- Jennifer to Cole. 
  • Deacon: "See something you like?" Jennifer: "Not yet". I assume this is because Jen knows Hannah will be giving Deacon a big old scar on his face for shooting her. 
  • "Hello egg. I'm chicken."- Jennifer to her younger self. 
  • "May I have a moment to myself please."- Old Jen asking to be alone with Young Jen. 
  • "I love you. I know that's a weird thing to hear but later you'll need to remember that. OK I'm dying now." 
  • "I dont want to be afraid anymore."- Cassie to Cole in 1957. 
Grade: 4 3/4 Monsters (out of 5). Another excellent episode. I was serious worried we wouldnt see any more of Jen. What a great twist. There are two episodes to go till the end of the season. "12 Monkeys" will return on July 11. And I'm SOOO happy that SyFy just renewed the show. I'm definitely not ready to let this story go yet. 



GMonsterTV
Previously The World According To GMonster
TV: Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality


July 4, 2016





12 Monkeys Season 2 Episode 11 Review: Resurrection Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 10:55 AM Rating: 5 "Resurrection" begins with Jennifer in 2044 burning her old mementos. There are newspaper clippings, photos, her Markridge I...

No comments: