Mary Kills People Episode 1 Review: Where's Hannibal When Ya Need Him? - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Mary Kills People Episode 1 Review: Where's Hannibal When Ya Need Him?


"Mary Kills People" is Lifetime's newest offering. After seeing the trailer I thought Dr Mary Harris was a serial killer masquerading as a physician. Instead she offers euthanasia services to the terminally ill as a side gig. This topic is a bit heady for my tastes. Sure I LOVE all things horror but I try NOT to think about people dying IRL. Strange... I know. Luckily the first episode of "MKP" stays away from the philosophical/religious issues.  

I find Caroline Dhavernas to be a very compelling screen presence. She was sorely underutilized in NBC's "Hannibal". Speaking of him, during the premiere, I kept hoping Dr Lecter would pop up and wreak havoc on the locals. No such luck. Instead we've in soap opera territory but that's to be expected. It is "Lifetime" after all.  

Watching Mary try to avoid detection might be fun. She seems to have SOME morals but I cant say the same for her partner Des. I hope he dies a painful death. Mary is also trying to balance work and home life. She's in the middle of a divorce. Her kids are a handful. And to make matters even more confusing, she develops feelings for one of her patients. Joel is not what he seems. Uh oh. It looks like Mary will be getting into all sorts of trouble. 

Grade: 3 1/2 Monsters (out of 5). The jury is still out on how I feel about "Mary Kills People" but I'm willing to stick around to see how it goes. I'm just happy Caroline Dhavernas gets a chance to exercise her acting chops. And with only six episodes total, "MKP" is not a major time commitment.   



GMonsterTV
TV: Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror, Fantasy & Adventure

April 28, 2017
Mary Kills People Episode 1 Review: Where's Hannibal When Ya Need Him? Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 9:27 PM Rating: 5 "Mary Kills People" is Lifetime's newest offering. After seeing the trailer  I thought Dr Mary Harris was a serial killer ...

No comments: