Once Upon A Time Season 5 Episodes 6-10 Reviews: To Hell With DarkHook - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Once Upon A Time Season 5 Episodes 6-10 Reviews: To Hell With DarkHook


I was really looking forward to season 5 and DarkEmma but, to be honest, I'm underwhelmed. Is it just me or does the Camelot story line seem more convoluted than ever? Emma is not nearly as menacing as I had hoped. There are few scenes between Emma and Regina. (SwanQueen is the only reason I watch this show). Below are the happenings as they lead into the mid season finale. Let's just hope the second half picks up. 

A lot of time this year has been spent on Merida. Merida running around with her bow, Merida saving her brothers, Merida having a road trip with Belle, Merida working for DarkEmma, Merida hanging out with Mulan, Merida becoming Queen of DunBroch, etc. I like Merida but I'd rather see the time spent on the core characters. 

Back in Storybrooke/Camelot Snow, David, Regina and Henry are trying to figure out how to release Emma from the Dark One's spell. Emma is busy being all mysterious since everyone's memories were wiped (for the umpteenth time). Bring on the dream catchers. Dark Emma also spends a lot of time trying to reunite Excalibar and the dagger. 

Merlin is now in human form and no longer a tree. He has lots of cryptic messages. We also see his lost love Nimue. The only problem is she's a Dark One now.



Zelena has her baby. Wow, that was a fast pregnancy. I guess magical babies are like that. I feel a little sorry for Zelena when Robin and Regina give her the rules about Baby Hood. Yes she is evil but she should at least be able to hold her child when she wants. Wouldnt it be great if Zelena went over to the light side as a result of her love for the baby? 

Hook and Emma profess their love for each other (and I throw up a little in my mouth). Those two have ZERO chemistry together. Hook is near death. DarkEmma is desperate to save him. She turns him into a Dark One. In hindsight, that seems like a bad idea. I really cant tell much of a difference in his personality. He's still out for Rumple's blood (literally). He's also not happy that Emma changed him without his consent. In her defense, it was either death or Dark One.  



The writers have promised us a gay couple. I assume it will be Mulan (since she's back). Also Ruby makes a return. I hope she stays a while. 

Hook and RealRumple fight. Hook gets some of Rumple's blood and uses it to open a portal. He also grinds up Merlin's spirit and throws it into the pot. I suspect Merlin will be back since no one really dies on this show. In an unrelated note, Operation Cobra Part II is on. I think Henry and Emma need a new name for their operations. 



And in the final scene DarkHook is at the pond (ie the vortex to Hell). Up floats a creepy ship with Nimue and the rest of the Dark Ones on it. Their plan to destroy light magic in Storybrooke.  We'll see how that goes. 

Episode Guide:

Episode 6: "The Bear and the Bow"
Episode 7: "Nimue"
Episode 8: "Birth"
Episode 9: "The Bear King"
Episode 10: "Broken Heart"

Grade: 3 1/2 Monsters (out of 5). The story seems all over the place this year. There hasn't been nearly enough SwanQueen scenes. I dont really care about Hook (although he is more interesting as a Dark One). This mess isn't all "OUAT's" fault though. They have to fill 22 episodes per year with something. I've said it many times before but network TV (I'm looking at you ABC) needs to move to fewer episodes per season (like the cable channels). The stories will be better, the filler will be gone and the fans will be much happier. Just my 2 cents. 



Photo Credits:
http://zap2it.com/2015/07/once-upon-a-time-season-5-hook-dark-emma/
http://www.tvinsider.com/article/53358/heres-what-happens-when-merida-meets-mulan-on-once-upon-a-time-video/
http://www.tvfanatic.com/shows/once-upon-a-time/
http://io9.com/things-are-finally-happening-on-once-upon-a-time-1745253425?trending_test_two_b&utm_expid=66866090-68.hhyw_lmCRuCTCg0I2RHHtw.2&utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

World According To GMonster
TV:  Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality


December 2, 2015
Once Upon A Time Season 5 Episodes 6-10 Reviews: To Hell With DarkHook Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 7:42 AM Rating: 5 I was really looking forward to season 5 and DarkEmma but, to be honest, I'm underwhelmed. Is it just me or does the Camelot s...

No comments: