Extant Episode 13 Recap: Lame Ass Aliens (Series Finale) - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Extant Episode 13 Recap: Lame Ass Aliens (Series Finale)


"Extant" I have been with ya since the beginning. I had high hopes for last night's finale entitled "Ascension" but to be honest I was seriously disappointed. 

To Halle Berry's credit she did as much with the material as possible. She is still the best part of this show. Too bad the writing in the finale was a bloody mess. The spores have invaded the Seraphim. They cannot let the ship reenter the Earth's atmosphere or the spores will spread. So the ISEA sends Molly (who is our only hope) back into space. She's now wearing a cool prototype space suit so she cant be infected by the spores again and she can distinguish between reality and spore illusions. 

Molly frees Sean from the cargo hold where FakeKatie locked him last week. Molly encounters FakeKatie. They fight and Molly's glove is removed in the process. Uh oh. Now the spores are going to infect her again. 

There's lot of running around and talking to "Ben" (who's the onboard computer). Ben are you related to Hal? The alien spores keep throwing illusions at Molly but she shakes them off. She locks FakeKaie in the shed. Am I the only one wondering why they went to all this effort? The offspring is already on Earth. Just blow up the space station and move on. Sorry Sean. But that would have fixed the issue. Anyway, moving on. 


Why Dont You Love Me As Much As You Love That Freaky Eyed Alien Kid?

There's a robot boy vs alien kid smackdown at the ISEA control center. And I thought the Offspring was trying to help Molly. It seems sometimes he helps and sometimes he doesnt. Ethan is the only one who can save Molly since the building was evacuated. He activates his "hand warmers" to start the manual override. This of course will cause his robot boy body to have a meltdown. And remember he still has a bomb inside of him. 


I Really Hope FakeKate Doesnt Survive The Explosion. She's Such A Stalker. 

For those of you who predicted that the robot boy would act more human than the humans and save everyone, you are correct. For your correct guess, you win a trip to outer space. The shuttle leaves on Tuesday. 


Circles And Molly In A Touching Moment. Molly, Get A Grip. Circles Is A Bad, Bad Alien Baby/PreTeen. 

Meanwhile the Offspring (AKA "Little Red Riding Dude" or "Circles") is roaming the city and is picked up by a nice family. That way there can be a season 2 if CBS so deems it. Sorry but I wont be watching.  

In the final scene, Ethan pops up on all the screens on the planet and says "I'm everywhere". Uh, we've seen this ending numerous times before. Isnt this the same exact ending as "Lucy" with Scarlett Johanssen? 

Favorite Quotes:
  • "If you dont believe in anything believe in her." Yes Molly is our only hope to save the world. 
  • "I think I know my purpose"- Ethan who then saves his human mother and blows himself up in the process. 
  • "Im everywhere"- Ethan after his core meltdown. 

My Favorite Things About "Extant":
  • Halle Berry- nuff said.
  • Ethan- robot boy was great!
  • Dr Sam
  • Kate/FakeKate- Kate was fun. 
  • There were some cool sci fi gadgets that I wish I had. 
I Prefer to Worth With Robots Because I Am One. 

My Not So Favorite Things About "Extant":
  • John- sorry dude I'm not sure you're human either. You remind me of a grown up Pinocchio. 
  • Blue space spores- as a villain you suck! I'm personally not afraid of spores. 
  • I love the actor that played Yasumoto but what is the point of that character? Seemed like filler to me. Also what happened to his girlfriend (who was also a double agent for the terrorists)? She disappeared.
  • And we never learned what those circle symbols mean? Does anyone care?
  • I seriously think the finale should have been rewritten for better impact.  

Grade: 3 Monsters (out of 5). Sorry "Extant" but you should have kept the next to the last episode as the finale (because it was excellent). We never got any answers as to where the spores are from and what they really want. If they can travel all that distance and attach themselves to a spaceship, they can probably head on down to earth by themselves. 

And no appearances by Sparks and Odin and Yasumoto? Does anyone care?


The World According To GMonster
TV:  Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality
Extant Episode 13 Recap: Lame Ass Aliens (Series Finale) Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 8:50 PM Rating: 5 "Extant" I have been with ya since the beginning. I had high hopes for last night's finale entitled "Ascension" ...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review, but the Lucy spoiler, not so cool.

    ReplyDelete