Intelligence Episode 1: Where's A Good Computer Virus When You Need One? (Series Premiere) - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Intelligence Episode 1: Where's A Good Computer Virus When You Need One? (Series Premiere)


CBS's newest foray into the action/ sci fi genre premiered this week (it airs Mondays at 9 ET). "Intelligence" definitely has enough star power to make it a hit-- Josh Holloway from "Lost", Marg Helgenberger from "CSI", and Meghan Ory from "Once Upon A Time". I love all three actors but I'm afraid they're not going to be enough to keep me awake past 9. The first episode was a real snoozer. 

We meet Gabriel Vaughn (Holloway) who is the US Cyber Command Program's secret weapon (code name Clockwork) because his brain is plugged directly into the internet. He would not be fun to play Trivial Pursuit with. Riley Neal (Ory) is chosen as his partner and to keep him from running off to look for his wife (who may be dead, may be a traitor, may be in a coma, etc). Their boss is Lillian Strand (Helgenberger). 

The premise seems a retread of other shows-- "Person Of Interest", "Chuck", "Almost Human", etc.  To be honest, I don't find a guy that can look up everything on the internet about me to be that interesting. I can already do that myself. Data does not equal knowledge. Feel free to read my emails since if I was doing something illegal I wouldn't be so stupid as to leave a data trail of it. And who came up with the title of this show? A show named "Intelligence" had better live up to it's name. I'm sure they could have come up with a more appropriate one like "Guy With Chip In His Head". 

Grade: 2 1/2 Monsters (out of 5). I'm not sure all the star power can save this one. I'd like to see Vaughn catch a computer virus and be completely wiped (so the storyline can be overhauled). I may check out another episode but I don't have high hopes. 



The World According To GMonster
TV: Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality
 
 
Intelligence Episode 1: Where's A Good Computer Virus When You Need One? (Series Premiere) Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 3:12 PM Rating: 5 CBS's newest foray into the action/ sci fi genre premiered this week (it airs Mondays at 9 ET). "Intelligence" definitely ...

No comments: