The Americans Episode 1 Recap: Red Menace (Series Premiere) - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

The Americans Episode 1 Recap: Red Menace (Series Premiere)



The first episode of "The Americans" premiered last night on FX taking the slot previously occupied by American Horror Story (where's Pepper).  Its the story of two KGB agents who are disguised as husband and wife Phillip and Elizabeth Jennings. They have two American born kids, live in 1980s America, and drive a 77 gold Oldsmobile. Stan Beeman (who is an FBI agent) and his wife live next door. What are the odds of that? If I were the Jennings, I would move to a nice trailer park where there's no chance of FBI agents being around.

I must have seen one of the few negative reviews in our local paper. I'm glad I didn't listen to him.  I very much enjoyed the show and will watch it again. Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell are great actors and have a lot of chemistry together. The cinematography was good. There were some badass fight scenes. I enjoyed the 80s music such as Tusk and I Can Feel It Coming In The Air Tonight. I would have left out the pedophile scene though. That didn't seem to fit in. 



I can't wait for Margo Martindale to show up. She will play "Claudia,” a KGB agent living in the U.S. who delivers assignments to the Jennings. 

Best line of the night: 
  • "The moon isn’t everything. Just getting into space is a remarkable accomplishment!” Elizabeth to her kids

The Americans Episode 1 Recap: Red Menace (Series Premiere) Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 10:13 PM Rating: 5  The first episode of "The Americans" premiered last night on FX taking the slot previously occupied by American Horror Stor...

No comments: