Orphan Black Episodes 1-2 Recaps: I Think I Am And So Am I (Series Premiere) - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Orphan Black Episodes 1-2 Recaps: I Think I Am And So Am I (Series Premiere)



"Orphan Black" airs on Saturdays at 9 PM ET on BBC America. The first episode was entitled "Natural Selection" and the second was "Instinct". The premise of the story is that there are several women who look exactly alike but don't know each other exist. Here's what happened in a nutshell:
  • Sarah sees Beth kill herself by stepping in front of a train. Sarah and her foster brother Felix plan to steal Beth's money ($75,000) and say it was Sarah who died instead. However it turns out Beth is a detective who mistook a cell phone for a gun and killed a woman. She finds several birth certificates in Beth's safety deposit box. 
  • I think the show is supposed to take place in New York. Beth has an American accent. Sarah has a British accent. It's really filmed in Toronto though. 
  • Beth's boyfriend Paul comes home from his trip early. He knows something is different. She distracts him by having sex. Uh ya think he might notice something is different there? It's a good thing she doesn't have any tattoos. I forgot the rules on nudity for British TV are different from US networks. You have my whole hearted approval, BBC! Anyway Paul is pissed about the changes in Beth and goes to stay with a friend. Sarah/Beth is happy about that. 
  • Sarah's daughter Kiera thinks she's dead because Vic and Felix have a wake for her. Sarah meets with the German Katya who is another doppelgänger. She was shot in the head three minutes later. In episode 2 Sarah meets another clone (Allison) and finds a briefcase with lots of other IDs. So the clone count currently stands at two dead, two alive, one who will show up next week (Cosima) and I don't know how many others. 
  • Art (Beth's partner) stole the money out of the car so she would testify at the hearing. 
  • If you missed the show and didn't DVR it, where can you see it? It's not on the BBC site or Netflix or Hulu Plus or Youtube. BBC you're missing out on a lot of potential viewers. 

Episode 1 "Natural Selection" official synopsis:  Sarah, a streetwise hustler on the run from a lifetime of bad decisions, witnesses the suicide of a stranger who looks just like her. Sarah assumes her identity, hoping that cleaning out the dead woman’s bank account will solve all of her problems. Instead, the street smart chameleon is thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery. After taking on the new identity, Sarah quickly finds herself caught in the middle of a deadly conspiracy and must race to find answers.

Episode 2 "Instinct" official synopsis: With a body in her car and nowhere to turn, Sarah is forced to continue her con and earn “Beth” a second chance on the force. But with a killer on her tail, her only hope of finding answers lies with another apparent ‘identical,’ Alison.

Grade: 4 Monsters (out of 5). So far I'm enjoying the show. How bout you? I wish I had a clone. I could get a lot more work done.



Orphan Black Episodes 1-2 Recaps: I Think I Am And So Am I (Series Premiere) Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 6:16 PM Rating: 5  "Orphan Black" airs on Saturdays at 9 PM ET on BBC America. The first episode was entitled "Natural Selection" an...

No comments: