Rizzoli And Isles Episode 13 Recap: Clowns Are Always Guilty - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Rizzoli And Isles Episode 13 Recap: Clowns Are Always Guilty


Rizzoli and Isles are back with the last four episodes of season 4. "Tears Of A Clown" follows a cold case in which a clown kidnapped young boys. The problem is the case isn't cold anymore. Casey and Jane discuss marriage but it means someone will have to give up their career and move.  Maura suggests that Frost's girlfriend take a job offer in Beijing. Now Frost is mad at her. Mama Rizzoli is having issues with the IRS. Casey is called back to Afghanistan immediately. The "beard" has officially left the building. 

I will go on record as saying I dislike clowns. John Wayne Gacy ruined it for me. Every time I see one I wonder what they're really up to. And Pennywise form the Steve King book/movie "It" did not help matters. I think all clowns should be rounded up and jailed (as a precaution).



I had previously mentioned the subtext on R&I. It's actually better than the real show (which I find to be just ho hum). Case in point-- Casey and Jane are having an intimate moment in bed. Maura comes in and says "I hope I'm not interrupting". Jane says "No, we were just about to have an orgy and are one person short". Ok then. That seems like a strange thing to say to your best friend.  

Then there is the scene where Jane tells Maura about the engagement. Maura runs out of the room crying. Maura later arranges massages for Jane and herself. Jane has zero chemistry with Casey but loads with Maura. I don't think the writers will ever lean in that direction but it could be an improvement. What we have now is a bland "who done it" with a little snappy dialogue and some eye candy thrown in. 

Rumor has it that Jane will be preggo by the end of the season (since she was in the books). We'll see how that plays out 

Final note: It was very sad seeing Lee Thompson Young (Detective Frost) knowing that he committed suicide shortly after filming these next few episodes. Not sure how that will handle that next season. 

Grade: 3 1/2 Monsters (out of 5). The show doesn't have enough meat to keep me watching every week but I'll check back from time to time and see what the girls are up to.



The World According To GMonster
TV: Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality
Rizzoli And Isles Episode 13 Recap: Clowns Are Always Guilty Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 6:51 AM Rating: 5 Rizzoli and Isles are back with the last four episodes of season 4. "Tears Of A Clown" follows a cold case in which a clown kid...

No comments: