Hunters Episode 5 Review: Her Body In My Soul - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Hunters Episode 5 Review: Her Body In My Soul


I know "Hunters" is getting terrible reviews across the board but I'm still liking it for some reason. Is it the best thing I've ever seen? Nope but it's definitely not the worst either. So far the story is keeping me coming back for more. 


"Her Body In My Soul" begins with Flynn finding Abby's body in a freezer in the storage locker McCarthy mentioned while being tortured. She has the same hole in her spine that we've seen many times before. Dr James and Jackson suggest that perhaps this isn't Flynn's "Abby". Yes, that does sound like a ridiculous idea. Flynn goes to visit Emme. He tries to tell her Abby is gone. Emme disagrees saying she just met Abby in the city yesterday. OK then. 


Meanwhile Regan continues to struggle with her feelings about being an alien (and with McCarthy killing his baby). She uses the torture machine to calm herself. I'm not sure how that works. 

Flynn begins to track Abby. She meets with some bigwig named Richard Seraphin. He works for the IMF and launders loot from the alien drug trade.

Flynn follows Abbie to a hotel room. It turns out Flynn never knew the "real" Abbie. She was dead before their first encounter at the bar six years ago. The hunter took over Abbey's identity and then studied all her possessions in order to to become her. Why go through this elaborate ruse to meet Flynn?


Carroll and FakeAbby fight. Fun scene! He finally gets the gun and shoots next to Abbeys' ear (which slows her down). You know how aliens feel about sounds. FakeAbbey tells Flynn his partner Kevin was feeding her info about drug investigations (which she then gave to McCarthy). Kevin got squirrely though and McCarthy killed him. 

FakeAbby confesses her love for Flynn and Emme. She wanted to stay with them-- but the Brothers wanted her on other jobs. Apparently the Brothers are the alien leaders. There are also Feelers who serve the Brothers. They're none too conspicuous with their scary faces, big hoods and black clothes. 


Abby begs Flynn to shoot her so she looks wounded when the two Feelers arrive. We're not sure if she's dead or not. When the Feelers show Brother Number 4 what they saw (by him putting his hand into their chest) she's in bad shape. 


Is FakeAbby dead this time? Elsewhere Flynn and Emme discuss the five stages of grief and know they must let Abbey go. 

Favorite Quotes:

  • Flynn: "You killed my wife." FakeAbby: "I AM your wife." 
  • Flynn: "You're not my Abby." FakeAbby: "I'm as real as real as she was." 
  • "We're many and we're angry. The end begins now."- McCarthy
  • "You've got your faith to sooth you. I've got a machine."- Regan to Jackson. 
  • "Because you lived when you should have died."- FakeAbby to Flynn about why the Hunters chose him. 
  • "I wanted you more. I still do."- FakeAbby to Flynn. 


Grade: 4 1/2 Monsters (out of 5). I really enjoyed this episode. We learned Hunters have red and white blood. We learned a little about the Brothers and the Feelers (for the first time). What important thing happened to Flynn in Afghanistan that he doesnt remember. If "Hunters" keeps delivering episodes like this, I'm all in. I'm not sure why others are hating on it so much. 


Photo Credits:
http://www.newspaperpost.com/2016/01/15/s%D1%83f%D1%83s-hunt%D0%B5rs-n%D0%B5w-trail%D0%B5r/
http://www.syfy.com/hunters/photos/her-body-in-my-soul-season-1-episode-5
http://dailydead.com/interview-gale-anne-hurd-natalie-chaidez-britne-oldford-discuss-new-syfy-series-hunters/

GMonsterTV
Previously The World According To GMonster
TV: Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality


May 13, 2016
Hunters Episode 5 Review: Her Body In My Soul Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 10:17 PM Rating: 5 I know "Hunters" is getting terrible reviews across the board but I'm still liking it for some reason. Is it the best thin...

No comments: