Sons Of Anarchy Season 7 Episode 12 Recap: Look At The Pretty Flowers - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Sons Of Anarchy Season 7 Episode 12 Recap: Look At The Pretty Flowers


With only one more episode to go in the series, "Red Rose" provided some shocking developments. Let's get past the boring stuff first. All the clubs are still trying to sort out the aftermath of Lin's death. To be honest, I really never cared about black, brown, white or yellow. I only care about their effect on the core group of characters. Jax comes clean to the other SoA presidents about Jury not being the rat. It was Barosky. 


I Too Love Pie!

We all knew Juice wasnt long for this world (especially after Jax said "I promise it will be quick"). First we thought the Chinese would off him but they decide on gang rape instead. Juice later goes out on his own terms. He finishes his pie and gives a scalpel to Tully. The Aryans stage a fight in the cafeteria as a distraction. Tully slices Juice's throat and he bleeds out on the floor. Mental Note: Never get too close to Marilyn Manson. 


Wayne, Why Did You Keep Hanging Around With These Crazy People? 

And now for Unser. It seemed he had divorced himself from SAMCRO only to be drug back in. When Nero learned that Gemma was in Oregon visiting her father in the nursing home, he asked Unser to go. Nero wanted Unser to arrest her to stop anything bad from happening to either Gemma or Jax. When Jax arrives at Genna's parents house, Unser pulls a gun. Jax gives him an out but he doesnt take it. Unser says "this is all I have left". And let's not forget, he's in love with Gemma. Jax shoots him dead. After everything Unser did for them, neither Gemma or Jax grieve him in the least. He's not family (so I guess they dont care).  


Look At The Pretty Flowers Gemma

We think there will be a knock down drag out fight when Jax and Gemma meet. Instead everything is very quiet. It seems they are both resigned to the outcome. Gemma goes into the garden and stares at the flowers. Please ask Lizzie/Carol from "The Walking Dead" as to why this is a really bad idea. Jax is behind her. He cant pull the trigger the first time. We think for a split second that the outcome might be different. She encourages him saying "it's who we are sweetheart." Jax pulls the trigger. Gemma is gone. Jax drives back home in the dark.  


I Do Hope Nero (And Wendy) Survive This Whole Mess

In other news, Jax suggests Nero take Wendy and the boys to the farm. It seems he is preparing to die too. Jax and Wendy share a night together. In the final montage the gang shoots up the rest of Lin's men. There will be a Mayhem vote next week and Jax asks about a bylaw and looks for his father's manuscripts.  

I've said it before but sometimes this show drives me crazy. After everything that  has happened Gemma still believes unfailingly in the club. She gave her grandson a club ring. She encourages Jax to shoot her because that's who they are. This people truly cannot see a life outside of their environment. And maybe that's why people really stay in such situations.

Favorite Quotes:
  • "This is all I have left."- Unser before Jax shoots him.
  • "Just let me finish my pie."- Juice to Tully before he was killed. This also reminds me of my other favorite prison pie quote "I threw my pie for you!"- Crazy Eyes to Chapman in "Orange Is The New Black". 
  • "I love you Jackson-- from the deepest, purest part of my heart. You have to do this. It's who we are sweetheart. It's OK my baby boy. It's time. I'm ready."- Gemma's final words. 
Famous Guest Stars:

  • Michael Chiklis- from "The Shield". He's the truck driver that picked up Gemma and drove her to Oregon. See Michael also on "American Horror Story: Freak Show" where he plays Del Toledo. 
  • Charisma Carpenter- plays an administrator at Gemma's father's nursing home. Who else besides me wishes that "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" would return?
  • Robert Patrick- is a fellow SOA president. I'll still always picture him as the Terminator in "T2" and Scully's side kick on "X Files". 
  • Tony Curran- you may know him as Gaines but I call him "Datak Tarr" from "Defiance". Please hurry back "Defiance". The Tarrs are the scariest family on TV. I think they "out mean" even the Sopranos and the Tellers (which we know is saying something). 


Grade: 5 Monsters (out of 5). "Red Rose was as close to perfection as possible". It definitely was action packed. Obviously I havent seen the very last episode but I'm thinking the scene between Jax and Gemma should have been the ending instead. Can anything else top that? I dont think so. . 


The World According To GMonster
TV:  Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality
Sons Of Anarchy Season 7 Episode 12 Recap: Look At The Pretty Flowers Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 7:47 PM Rating: 5 With only one more episode to go in the series, "Red Rose" provided some shocking developments. Let's get past the boring ...

No comments: