12 Monkeys Season 2 Episode 7 Review: Cassie Has A Meltdown - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

12 Monkeys Season 2 Episode 7 Review: Cassie Has A Meltdown


In "Meltdown" Cassie returns to 2044. She is still haunted by visions of the Witness (wearing that weird plague mask). Just an FYI for those unfamiliar. The mask was used during the Middle Ages. Doctors believed it protected them from the plague. See more details here  Uhh, somehow I'm thinking that didnt work.

Cassie's visions become worse and worse. At the same time, someone is trying to overheat the time machine. Dr Ecklund and Deacon go on a mission to find a lens to redirect the rays of the machine (or some such sciencey thing). They are ambushed by soldiers from 1959 who accidentally splintered into the future. There's a gunfight...or two. 

We see some of Jones' "volunteer" time travelers. They are people who splintered before Cole. They are severely disfigured. One has his intestines outside his body. Pretty gnarly stuff. 


The scientists detect a time tether inside the facility. It turns out Cassie is possessed by the Witness (or at least he's mentally controlling her). Ecklund sacrifices himself in order to prevent the machine from blowing. As he passes the point of no return, Jones yells "But I dont love you". Ecklund replies "You did once and that can't be erased". Hopefully we'll get to see more of these two love birds in an alternate timeline. Plus Jones SERIOUSLY needs to work on her romancing skills. If a guy dies for you, the least you could do is pretend to love him back. 


Meanwhile, Cassie kidnaps Sam (Ramse's son) in order to insure the time machine is destroyed. Cole tries to talk her down. In her head, Cassie is locked inside a room in the house in the Red Forest. She sees the world outside being destroyed. The word "titan" and a strange symbol appear. It's the same symbol we saw on Olivia's back. And the plot thickens.  


As a "Hail Mary Pass" Cole tells Ramse to shoot him. He says to Cassie "Remember when you said we dont really know each other any more? You were wrong about that. The truth is I dont think anyone's every known me like you. And I know you. I know you. I know.. that you would never let me die." And with that he tells Ramse again to shoot him. He obliges. Cassie rushes to Cole. The tether with the Witness is broken. Cole will live to splinter another day.  


That was the good news. The bad news is Sam is accidentally splintered to somewhere. We have no idea of the location or time. We just know it's in the woods. He takes someone's GLOVED hand. That must be a clue. Could Sam be the Witness? I've guessed everyone else already so I might as well add him to the list. Sam does know an awful lot about the structure of the facility and time travel. Ohhhh, this stuff makes my head hurt!!!


Cassie feels horrible about what she's done. Jones injects her with a drug to counteract the effects of the Witness. Ramse, having lot his son (ie the most important thing in his life), leaves the facility alone. I suspect we'll see "The Traveler" again at some point.  

Favorite Quotes:

  • Jones: "But I dont love you." Ecklund: "You did once and that cant be erased".
  • "Chivalry my ass Kat. If anything happens to you we're all screwed."- Ecklund. 
  • Cole: "I'm talking to the Witness arent I? So why dont you tell me asshole. Exactly what exactly is it that you "witnessed"? Cassie (as the Witness): "The end. The beginning."
  • "Remember when we said we dont really know each other any more? You were wrong about that. The truth is I dont think anyone's every known me like you. And I know you. I know you. I know.. that you would never let me die."- Cole to Cassie (while she is inhabited by the Witness). 


Grade: 4 Monsters (out of 5). I continue to love "12 Monkeys"! It's both thought provoking and downright entertaining. All of the actors are EXCELLENT.  The show does an stellar job of keeping us hooked by revealing some answers but then giving us even more questions. Now Sam has been thrown into the mix. 

We are halfway through season 2. There are 13 episodes total. I just hope the last half is as exciting as the first. Rumor has it that next week's episode is the best of the SERIES thus far. I cant wait! 


Photo Credits:
https://1428elm.com/2016/06/01/12-monkeys-meltdown-greatly-builds-back-half-of-season-2/
http://www.threeifbyspace.net/2016/05/12-monkeys-207-review-meltdown/
http://www.syfy.com/12monkeys/photos/meltdown-season-2-episode-7
http://www.theworkprint.com/12-monkeys-7-game-changing-moments-meltdown/123
http://interdimensional-dave.blogspot.com/2016/06/12-monkeys-meltdown.html


GMonsterTV
Previously The World According To GMonster
TV: Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality


June 5, 2016
12 Monkeys Season 2 Episode 7 Review: Cassie Has A Meltdown Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 7:12 PM Rating: 5 In "Meltdown" Cassie returns to 2044. She is still haunted by visions of the Witness (wearing that weird plague mask). Just ...

No comments: