House Of Cards Episodes 3-4 Recaps: Lifes A Peach - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

House Of Cards Episodes 3-4 Recaps: Lifes A Peach


Is it  just me or does the opening sequence of "House of Cards" remind you of "Damages'? I really like it though. It does a good job of setting the tone for the show. Frank spent most of episode 3 in his home district of Gaffney South Carolina trying to quell the controversy caused when a teenager drove off the road near the giant peach water tower. We see Frank at his best (err worst) while manipulating all parties involved-- the local politicians, the clergy, and the girls parents.

In the meantime Claire (after laying off most of the staff at her nonprofit) is still pushing to hire a reluctant (and sick) Jillian. Zoe was reprimanded by the paper's editor for being on TV but looks like she's going to do it again anyway.

"What you have to understand about my people is that they're a noble people. Humility is their form of pride. It is their strength; it is their weakness."- Frank talking about his constituents. I wonder how the good people of Gaffney (where I have visited several times ) feel about this show?

Episode 4 is my favorite episode to date. Representative Russo comes home high again. His girlfriend     Christina quits her job and breaks up with him at the same time. Frank is doing his usual political screw turning. I have a hard time keeping track of what he's up to and why he's up to it. At least he has a chart with everyone's name on little magnets that he can move around. 

We find that the Underwood's marriage isn't so ironclad after all. I thought it looked too good to be true. Claire previously had a relationship with a photographer named Adam. Adam tries to start up again but Claire shuts him down. Zoe spurred on by Frank does not take  the White House correspondent job and quits the Washington Herald. The last scene shows Frank at a drunk Zoe's run down apartment where it appears more marriage vows are about to be broken.

Frank asks "Are you cared for? Do you have a man who cares for you? An older man?” Zoe says not currently. “Then you know they hurt you" says Frank. Zoe replies "You can’t hurt me.” OK, so I get the point here but who talks like that? I find Frank's dialogue to be very strange at times and its not just because he's southern. 






House Of Cards Episodes 3-4 Recaps: Lifes A Peach Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 11:37 AM Rating: 5 Is it  just me or does the opening sequence of "House of Cards" remind you of "Damages'? I really like it though. It...

No comments: