I, Caveman Overview: Surviving Is A Lot Harder Than It Looks - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

I, Caveman Overview: Surviving Is A Lot Harder Than It Looks

 


Not sure how I missed it previously but I just discovered "I, Caveman" which was an episode of the series "Curiosity" that originally aired on the Science channel (Discovery) in 2011. It follows a group of nine people as they try to survive for 10 days with only primitive tools (just as our ancestors would have done). Morgan Spurlock (who you may remember as the guy who tried to survive on only McDonalds food for 30 days) is among the group.

While they were only there for 10 days, 2 people quit ahead of time. Most people were dehydrated and hungry. They were not able to catch any food until an expert gave them an "altalt" and showed them how to use it. I have no idea what that was either. They were surprisingly able to bring down an elk with it (no easy feat).

The show highlights how far removed we are from being able to survive if such a situation arises. We saw the vegetarian who refused to eat the elk (who would have quickly starved in ancient times). Remember the rule of 3s. Humans will only survive:
  • 3 minutes without air
  • 3 hours without shelter
  • 3 days without water
  • 3 weeks without food
Grade: no grade assigned since this is a reality show. See also my reviews of "Naked and Afraid" where two strangers survived with no tools, food, water for 21 days.
I, Caveman Overview: Surviving Is A Lot Harder Than It Looks Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 8:27 PM Rating: 5    Not sure how I missed it previously but I just discovered "I, Caveman" which was an episode of the series "Curios...

No comments: