House Of Cards: Favorite Quotes From Season 2 - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

House Of Cards: Favorite Quotes From Season 2

nytimes.com

When is season 3 of "House Of Cards" coming back? I think we're in for a long wait. To tide us over, here's some of my favorites from the last season.

  • "I feel as exposed as the skin where my ring used to be."- Frank when questioned about his fidgeting. Frank had previously buried his ring but we're not sure exactly why. When asked why he tapped his ring/hand on a table when getting up. "Something my father taught me. It's meant to harden your knuckles so you don't break them if you get into a fight. It also has the added benefit of knocking on wood. My father believed that success is a mixture of preparation and luck. Tapping the table kills both birds with one stone." Claire later buys him a replacement ring after he becomes president. 
  • "To improve is to change. To perfect is to change often"- what Frank had engraved on the watch he gave to Remy. 
  • "Tell the president that it saddens me that we have to talk through lawyers"- Frank.  
  • "I promise you of all the sacrifices you've had to make, divorcing a convict wont be one of them."- Frank to Claire.
  • "I wish I had never met you."- Megan to Claire. 
  • Jackie: "You want impeachment?" Frank: "Why fight a losing battle if this party fails to distance itself from a toxic president."  Jackie: "What's your asking is just shy of treason." Frank: "Just shy, which is politics."
  • "Hubris is giving you delusions of grandeur Frank."- Raymond Tusk
  • "When they put you in that box a little bigger than a coffin, remember how beautiful the music was tonite."- Tusk to Frank. 
  • "Sometimes you have sacrifice the one for the many."- Frank to Catherine regarding sending Mr Feng back to China (where he will be executed).
  • "The road to power is paved with hypocrisy and casualties-- never regret."- Frank.
  • "Let's make him (Tusk) suffer."- Claire. "I don't know whether to be proud or terrified."- Frank.
  • "I ain't one for looking back. Eyes ahead."- Freddie to Frank.
  • "I've always loathed the necessity of sleep. Like death It puts the most powerful of men on their backs"- Frank.
  • "How many elections have you won? How many congressional committees have you chaired? Would you even be working in the White House if I hadn't recommended you during the campaign?"- Frank to Linda.
  • "I've never thought higher of her than I do at this moment. She lost, but she played to win."- Frank about Linda after her resignation. 
  •  "I like the pain... It hurt a lot. I killed a lot of people... In the Army. The pain, it helps."- Jackie to Remy while in bed.
  • Claire "Are you unsatisified (ie sexually)"? Frank "there are too many distractions now, no one we can trust". 
  • Adam says. "I'm sorry I ever met you. All you've ever done is cause me pain." Claire says in response "We're giving you an out Adam. And if you choose not to take it, I will bury you."
  • Ashley asks Claire if she terminated the pregnancy. After a long pause Claire says “If I said yes, my husband’s career would be in jeopardy. My faith would be questioned, my life would be threatened. But I won’t feel ashamed. Yes, I was pregnant and yes, I had an abortion.” Robin Wright is one hell of an actress. That was a very powerful scene. 
  • "Shake with your right hand but hold a rock in your left."-Frank
  • "Why not just ask me when I decided to stop strangling peoples pets."- Frank to Hammerschmidt. Incidentally Frank did kill someone's pet in season 1. 
  • "Presidents who obsess over history obsess about their place in it instead of forging it"- Frank to Garrett. 
  • "The White House is finite. Your marriage is for life"- Claire to Tricia. 
  • "Any pugilist worth his salt knows when someone is on the ropes, that's why you throw a combination to the gut and a left hook to the jaw"- Frank. 
  • "You may have all the money Raymond but I have all the men with guns"- Frank to Raymond. 
  • "Do you know how Grant defeated Lee? He had more men. That's all. And he was willing to let them die. It was butchery, not strategy which won the war. I have the federal government of the United States of America. Your money doesnt intimidate me"- Frank to Mr Feng. 
  • "I'm willing to let your child wither and die inside you if that's what it takes"- Claire to a pregnant ex-employee. 
  • "There is but one rule--hunt or be hunted"- Frank Underwood. 
  • "A heartbeat away from the presidency and not a single vote cast in my name. Democracy is so overrated"- Frank Underwood. 
  • "You'll still feel the hate in the morning. You'll use that but not on him"- Claire to Frank. 
The World According To GMonster
TV: Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality


House Of Cards: Favorite Quotes From Season 2 Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 3:00 PM Rating: 5 nytimes.com When is season 3 of "House Of Cards" coming back? I think we're in for a long wait. To tide us over, here'...

No comments: