Hannibal Episode 11 Recap: Roti - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Hannibal Episode 11 Recap: Roti


Have I mentioned that I love Eddie Izzard today? I love, love, love him! He oozes craziness. Here's my summation of the goings on in this episode:
  • The dialogue with Dr Gideon in the transport was hilarious. I don't remember the specifics but basically it was "it's easier to kill you wife than divorce her. Look at me. I'm doing all right for myself".
  • Eeeew that Colombian necktie was crazy. Hard to get that image out of your head. 
  • Lets see if I have the death toll correct: Gideon is dead since he was shot by Will while protecting Alana (I'm very sad). Chilton is somehow still alive even though half his organs were removed (I don't understand that). Freddie is still alive (I keep hoping shell get killed). The two guards are of course dead. Dr Caruthers is dead. Dr Nom is dead (killed by Hannibal). 
  • The real Chesapeake Ripper (Hannibal) is still on the loose. 
  • Will is in the hospital with a 105 degree temperature. Alana is by his side and holding his hand. At least something is going well for him. 
  • And for anyone that cares, "rotti" is generally a South Asian bread made from stoneground wholemeal flour, traditionally known as atta flour, that originated and is consumed in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and Bangladesh

 
From Wikipedia:

Episode 11 "Roti"
Dr. Abel Gideon escapes from custody and begins targeting the psychiatrists who attempted to treat him, displaying their bodies with a Colombian necktie. While Alana Bloom is put under protective custody, Gideon kidnaps Dr. Frederick Chilton and lures Freddie Lounds into a trap, forcing her to write an article about him. Meanwhile, Graham's undiagnosed Encephalitis drives his temperature up, causing severe hallucinations. Another psychiatrist is found similarly mutilated, only with his right arm amputated and Graham speculates that this is actually a message from the real Chesapeake Ripper telling them where to find Gideon. At the abandoned observatory where Miriam Lass's severed arm was found, Gideon begins surgically removing Chilton's organs with the intention of leaving a "gift basket" for the Ripper, whom Gideon is trying to lure out. While Crawford and a SWAT team hit the observatory, Graham's hallucination of the stag returns and he follows it, fortuitously intercepting Gideon, who had anticipated the SWAT team's arrival. In his delusional state, Graham takes Gideon to Lecter, who convinces Graham that he has hallucinated the encounter. When Graham has a seizure, Lecter uses the opportunity to set Gideon on Alana. Dr. Lecter manipulates Graham into pursuing him and Graham shoots Gideon dead outside Alana's house before collapsing. Graham is hospitalized. 


Grade: 4 1/2 Monsters (out of 5). Eddie Izzard and Gillian Anderson in one episode-- it doesn't get much better than that. 



Hannibal Episode 11 Recap: Roti Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 10:57 PM Rating: 5 Have I mentioned that I love Eddie Izzard today? I love, love, love him! He oozes craziness. Here's my summation of the goings on i...

No comments: