Under The Dome Season 2 Episodes 7 Thru 8 Recaps: Dropping The Dome - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Under The Dome Season 2 Episodes 7 Thru 8 Recaps: Dropping The Dome

tv.com

Dome, you and I have been through a lot. We've seen the deaths of numerous characters (bye Ang), the resurrection of Melanie, and the pseudo deaths of others (we knew you werent really gone Barbie). Big Jim has moved from town baddie to dome prophet to victim of a stalker and back to sheriff for the umpteenth time. Oh come on! Who didnt know that Phil the ex DJ/cop was his stalker? Didnt he blow up the food supply and try to kill everyone a few weeks ago? Julia (who previously was the chosen one) is currently relegated to deciphering cryptic notes from Barbie. Junior (who had serial killer potential) now spends his days running around with the hands and dealing with mommy issues. Half the town was almost wiped out by Science Teacher Rebecca and her population control cure. We've seen dark dome, magneto dome, and baby dome. There 's also a seemingly endless supply of butterflies, stars, obelisks and eggs. 

Maybe I was expecting too much of you Dome. I was hoping the town would eventually run out of resources. Then we'd have a dramatic survival story as the Chester's Mills residents fend off cannibals. Instead we have Barbie, Sam and Lyle going through the bottomless pit into Zenith to meet up with Pauline. Curse you Pauline! You started this whole mess and then left town. Now the dome jumpers are all suffering strange side effects from leaving (so everyone else needs to stay inside). 

And who is behind this whole Dome mess anyway? Is it the government? Maybe its big business. My vote is it's an alien child's experiment. Yes the Dome is really a giant snow globe. But let's be honest. Does anyone really cares at this point? The Dome seems to have no direction. There's just one obstacle after another to overcome each week. The characters have no substance. I dont feel an emotional connection to any of them. If the dome blew up tomorrow, I would be OK. 

Dome, I say all this to say, I'm just not that into you any more. Sure we had a few good times (yes I cried when Alice died) but we need some time apart. It's not you, its me. I might check in from time to time but please consider this our official breakup. I've already changed my Facebook status. 

Grade: 0 Monsters. GMonster has left the building. 

The World According To GMonster
TV:  Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality



Under The Dome Season 2 Episodes 7 Thru 8 Recaps: Dropping The Dome Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 8:02 AM Rating: 5 tv.com Dome, you and I have been through a lot. We've seen the deaths of numerous characters (bye Ang), the resurrection of Melanie...

No comments: