Wynonna Earp Episodes 2-4 Reviews: Good Old Fashioned Revenant Killing Fun - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Wynonna Earp Episodes 2-4 Reviews: Good Old Fashioned Revenant Killing Fun


I had low expectations for "Wynonna Earp" when I first heard of it. A show about Wyatt Earp's kinfolk re-killing everyone he offed previously? Who needs that? I'm happy to report I was dead wrong. After four episodes, "WE" continues to provide snarky dialogue, lots of eye candy and revenant killing fun. 



Tim Rozon (as Doc Holiday) steals every scene he's in. He's suave and handsome. Will he and Wynonna get together? He's hanging out with the baddies now but what's he really up to? And what about his relationship with Wyatt does he not want the Earp sisters to find out about? Xavier Dolls is starting to grow on me. He's a good guy (who might have a soft spot for Wynonna). That CPR scene between the two ignited some sparks. On a side note: There is still no evidence that Dolls even works for the US Marshals. He just showed up in town one day waving a badge. 



Waverly is as cute as a button. She has a few interesting scenes with new police officer Nicole Haught. The one where Haught comes to offer her condolences about Shorty's death (before she was rudely interrupted by Champ) is my fave. The two definitely have chemistry. Are we going to have a new girl-girl couple to ship? I'm worried though. Remember one of the revs mention a Stone Witch? They wouldn't make us cheer for Nicole and Waverly and then turn her into a baddie... would they?

Waverly joins the Black Badge division as a consultant. Basically she has to tell the viewers what the "Revenant of the Week" is all about. We're also reminded by Dolls that both she and Wynonna have to keep a low profile. If the citizens of Purgatory get spooked, the government will nuke the town and turn it into a big giant crater.  



You can say one thing for sure about "Wynonna Earp". They dont waste time dispatching the bad guys. There's usually one per week (if not more). Red (the pointy teethed dude we met in the pilot) gets shot in the forehead by Wynonna. Next up is the Shade Assassin (previously known as Jim "Killer" Miller). Interestingly, he is after Waverly and not Wynonna. 

Later the Tick Tock Killer (ie the old Purgatory barber August Hamilton) arrives. His catch phrases are "Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Forgiven Or Not?" and "Repent Sinners". He likes to sneak up on his victims through via mirrors. Uh, why not just break all the mirrors in the house? Problem solved. You're welcome! 

August's sights are set on Wynonna. She's going to have to ask the whole town for forgiveness in less than two hours. Uh oh.  They track the barber to Big Deep Lake. Yes, apparently all the other lake names were taken. Wynonna discovers the person she must ask for forgiveness from (or face the blade) is Waverly. The two share a touching scene.    



What's up with Waverly imaginary childhood friend Bobo? His real name is Bob del Rey and he's the head revenant. He says the Seven will take out Wynonna while the rest continue their plan. They want to leave Purgatory once and for all. Right now they're stuck inside the Ghost River Triangle (which includes the town of Purgatory). We dont know the specifics of their escape plan yet.  

Favorite Quotes:

  • "I'm the girl with the big ass gun."- Wynonna
  • Doc: "Little girl, you dont know what I am." Waverly: "You're supposed to be Wyatt Earp's best friend. You're supposed to be here to help us."
  • "I never blow jobs without a please first... That killed at the Devil's Angels."- Wynonna to Dolls. 
  • "I love my sister more than anything in this life. I will choose her happiness over mine every time."- Wynonna. 
  • "I can taste guilt."- August Hamilton (ie the Blade)
  • Wynonna: "I'm supposed to find all the people I've hurt and beg their stupid forgiveness?" Waverly: "But everyone hates you Wynonna." Wynonna: "I'm aware."
  • Doc: "I do not recall what lie I told you but i was probably drunk." Waverly: "It was 8 AM." Doc: "I was definitely drunk."
  • "Sinners sin. Killers kill. Whores whore."- the Tick Tock Killer. "You had me at whores."- Wynonna. 
  • "Can it wait? I'm trying to save your ass here."- Wynonna to Waverly.


Grade: 4 Monsters (out of 5). "Wynonna Earp" continues to be a hoot. If you're looking for hardcore horror, check elsewhere. This is horror-lite. And yes the special effects are definitely low budget. That puddle of fire that engulfs the revs makes me laugh every time. But I dont care. I'm here for the eye candy and witty banter. How bout you? 



Photo Credits:
http://www.syfy.com/wynonnaearp
http://www.themarysue.com/wynonna-earp-ep-3/
http://www.pixel51.com/blog/archives/category/wynonna-earp


GMonsterTV
Previously The World According To GMonster
TV: Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality


April 23, 2016


Wynonna Earp Episodes 2-4 Reviews: Good Old Fashioned Revenant Killing Fun Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 3:38 PM Rating: 5 I had low expectations for "Wynonna Earp" when I first heard of it. A show about Wyatt Earp's kinfolk re-killing everyone ...

No comments: