ZNation Season 2 Episode 11 Review: Stuck In Corporate Retreat Hell - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

ZNation Season 2 Episode 11 Review: Stuck In Corporate Retreat Hell


This week Operation Bite Mark happens upon a group of white collar survivors held up in a hotel. They all attended a corporate retreat some four years ago and have been stuck together ever since. Going outside is not a good option. Besides the usual zombie horde, there's a raging fire. This gives the walkers a fun reddish orange glow. 

Not a whole hell of a lot happens in this episode. The business people bicker and have to resolve their differences using a truth stick. Guest star Anthony Michael Hall (yes, that kid from "The Breakfast Club") serves as their leader Gideon. He has an eeiry ability to read people. He pegs our team in about five seconds flat. Yes the dude is irritating but I'm not sure many of these corporate types would survived this long without him. Of course he won't let them leave either... so there's that.    


Murphy is shot and unconscious for half the episode. The zombies are attracted by his dreaming and try to pound their way into the building. Doc does a transfusion between Murph and Greg (making him an improved version of Cassandra). He can actually speak and point. His life is cut short though. The guy that is stealing food (Travis) shoots him dead and quickly becomes a zombie himself. One of the group, Iggy, has been falsely accused and is cast out. He somehow survives and returns to seek his revenge. 


In a surprise move, the writers have Addy almost make a love connection with Dana. They are trapped in a closet together and the woman begs Addy to take her with her. Too bad Dana ends up being in cahoots with the baddie. When the team leaves, Dana tells Addy "I really hope I see your face again". I really hope I so too. While I seriously enjoy all the zombie killing fun of "Z Nation", it would be nice to see a little romance for our main characters. I think they've earned it at this point. 

Grade: 4 Monsters (out of 5). A quieter episode but still bizarre enough to keep me entertained. Bonus points for the intro. The slow mo zombie kills by the crew to an aria was, dare I say, beautiful. This episode also reminded me of how much I hate the corporate world. If I'm on a corporate retreat when the ZA strikes, I'll take my chances with the zombies. 


Photo Credits:

World According To GMonster
TV: Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality


November 24, 2015
ZNation Season 2 Episode 11 Review: Stuck In Corporate Retreat Hell Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 4:41 AM Rating: 5 This week Operation Bite Mark happens upon a group of white collar survivors held up in a hotel. They all attended a corporate retreat s...

No comments: