American Horror Story Coven Episode 6 Recap: I Have An Axe To Grind - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

American Horror Story Coven Episode 6 Recap: I Have An Axe To Grind


Not sure what I think of this week's episode "The Axeman Cometh". It reminds me of the crazy killer Santa episode in "Asylum" in which a character is introduced for no other reason than to wreak havoc. I find the whole storyline (where he kills anyone not playing jazz and was himself killed by witches in 1919) to be weird. However it turns out that all of this is based on a REAL New Orleans serial killer: http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axeman_of_New_Orleans Eeeekkkkk!

Anyway, here's what happened on the latest "Coven": 
  • Delia who is of course still blind and clairvoyant comes home. She gets more info on Hank's affair with the redhead. We also see some of her backstory. She was a witch that had previously visited the school. And in case you didn't notice she's played by Alexandra Breckenridge (young Myra from "Murder House"). 
  • Can someone PLEASE give Sarah Paulson an Emmy for AHS? How much torture does the woman have to go through to get a statue? Last year she was in a mental asylum tortured by a serial killer. Now she is blind and MARRIED to a serial killer. 
  • Speaking of the serial killer hubby, in a big reveal we find out he has been working for Marie Laveau for the past six years. His mission is to kill all of the Salem witches. He's up to nine so far. Do we know why/ how the "Witch Wars" began in the first place? It seems like a lot of work at this point. 
  • We see Fiona getting a chemotherapy treatment. She says she's in need of a little male companionship. Hmm I hope that doesn't cause her to make any bad decisions...
  • Zoe finds a Ouija board and they conjure up the Axeman. Zoe have you lost your mind? Why did you think that was a good idea? The only positive that came of it was he told Zoe where Madison was. She then had Misty resurrect her. Not sure how that works since Madison was already in an advanced state of decomposition (ie she smelled really bad). 
  • Delia finds out that Fiona burned Myrtle at the stake. We also see Misty watering a big mound of dirt which we assume is Myrtle. Don't worry. She'll be back. No one actually dies in this show.
  • A naked FrankenKyle tearing up Misty's cabin was pretty entertaining. I felt sorry for her though when he destroyed her Stevie Nicks tunes. 
  • Spalding makes a brief appearance as the girls quiz him (thanks to Nan reading his mind) about why he killed Madison (which he didn't). I wouldn't turn my back on that guy if I was you. Queenie calling him "Riff Raff" was funny. 
  • Madame LaLaurie is nowhere to be seen this episode. My guess is she's still hiding from her zombie daughters. 
  • In the last scene Axeman exits out the front gate of the school and strolls down the street. Watch out New Orleans! He apparently will be back next week to terrorize Fiona (or so he thinks, it may be the other way around). 

Important things I learned this episode:
  • Ouija boards have two settings-- summon and release. Good to know, good to know.
  • Swamp mud fixes everything. It's like the duct tape of Louisiana. 
  • Apparently absinthe is making a big comeback. We saw Mina and Lucy drinking it on "Dracula" this week and now Queenie, Nan and Zoe have a shot before the summon the Axeman with the Ouija board. I gotta get me some absinthe. 
  • And did you know that the head witch from the 1919 flashback is Meryl Streep's daughter? Nope I didn't either. 


Favorite quotes:
  • "I need a cigarette."- first words from a newly resurrected Madison 
  • "If survival is so important to you, you’d better find out who you’re talking to."- Queenie to Zoe about the Axeman
  • "He broke Stevie."- Misty
  • "When I plant a fat-ass cracker bitch, I expect her to stay planted, not come back up like a damn ragweed!"- Marie about Madame LaLaurie to Hank. I just love that woman! 
  • “I had to go blind to see things about you I couldn’t see before."- Delia to Hank
  • "No roses! I need chrysthanthemums!"- Delia doesn't like the choice of flowers in her room. 
Grade: 3 1/2 Monsters (out of 5). Not my most favorite episode but word on the street is Axeman will be around for a while so I better get used to him. 

 
The World According To GMonster
TV: Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality

American Horror Story Coven Episode 6 Recap: I Have An Axe To Grind Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 7:21 AM Rating: 5 Not sure what I think of this week's episode "The Axeman Cometh". It reminds me of the crazy killer Santa episode in "...

No comments: