The Walking Dead Episode 6 Recap: A Kinder Gentler Governor - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

The Walking Dead Episode 6 Recap: A Kinder Gentler Governor

You'll be my new ZombiePenny. Can I brush your hair?

I'm not sure what to say about this week's episode entitled "Live Bait" except "I definitely didn't see that coming". The crazy one eyed psychopathic Governor (ie Philip Blake) we came to loathe last season is now going by the name "Brian Heriot". After burning down Woodbury, he seems to have found a surrogate family with Lilly, her sister Tara and Lilly's little girl Megan (who reminds him of ZombiePenny). The Governor enjoys some sexy times with Lilly along the way.

The family is traveling the roads but their truck breaks down. Why do they get out and start walking down the road? There are obviously LOTS of other automobiles around with gas in them (unless they're really out in the boonies). That's just dumb.

And as predicted here comes a zombie herd. Gov grabs Megan and runs with her. They fall in a pit where other zombies are trapped. The Governor kills them all with his bare hands (which was quite impressive). He then shares a touching embrace with Megan. And at the end of the scene Martinez looks down in the pit. Oops someone's busted.

What will happen next? And where's the prison crew? I know most of them have the flu but they got zero airtime this week. In a related note, PLEASE COME BACK CAROL!!!

Freakyist zombies of the episode:
  • The zombies at the nursing home seriously freaked me out (not sure why)
  • Legless zombie in the tub (that was just plain sad)

Favorite quotes:
  • "No one mentioned how boring the end of the world was going to be"- Lilly
  • "I'm never going to let anything happen to you"- the Governor to Megan

Grade: 4 Monsters (out of 5). A surprisingly touching episode with the Governor (and I never thought I'd be saying that).




The World According To GMonster
TV: Heavy on Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light on Reality 
The Walking Dead Episode 6 Recap: A Kinder Gentler Governor Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 8:28 PM Rating: 5 You'll be my new ZombiePenny. Can I brush your hair? I'm not sure what to say about this week's episode entitled "Live...

No comments: