Extant Episode 12 Recap: Theyre Coming And Theyre Hungry - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Extant Episode 12 Recap: Theyre Coming And Theyre Hungry


I had previously expressed my frustration at the pace of this show. But I'm very happy to report that "Before The Blood" B-R-O-U-G-H-T IT. If all the episodes were as action packed as this one, I'd be rooting for a second season. I have no idea what is real and what is not at this point but here's my best guesses:


  • Offspring thanks Anya for all her help by killing her. Nice baby. Sparks doesnt take the news too hard since we're reunited with our loved ones in the end. But it doesnt seem we're reunited with our REAL loved ones (not that he cares). 
  • I thought Kate was dead but then she popped up on the Seraphim. Apparently she was in a coma and floating around in the escape pod for 23 months. Just when I was prepared to like Katie, it turns out she is AGAIN not real. Sean finds the real one dead in the pod. The Katie he had sexy times with is an offspring of the real Katie. I think. Man, I'm confused.
  • John gets "circled" and has visions of Molly. What was that about? Molly obviously isnt in love with John and wants to be reunited with Marcus and her dead baby. I almost feel sorry for John. 
  • Odin is still being a bad influence on Ethan. Ethan almost blows up the lab but Julie talks him down. Thank goodness.   
  • Molly finally meets her baby who is now like 8 years old. He has freaky glowing eyes. Does the poor kid still not have a name? Some people are calling him "Circles" which I think is hilarious. So "Circles" it is. Maybe I was wrong about Circles and he's not a baddy after all. He says he has to do what the others tell him. 
  • The episode title "Before The Blood" refers to something Circles said about the creatures coming to earth. He says "before the blood" and "before the bodies" meaning, I assume, what the creatures are like before they manifest in human form.    
  • Julie goes to Odin's apartment and finds out 1: He is not Odin; and 2. What his plans are. Ethan will detonate a bomb inside himself and kill everyone at the lab. Odin will then use that for his Technology-Is-Bad propaganda. 
  • No sightings of Yasumoto this week. The man only had 8 days to live the last time we saw him. Maybe he's already dead.  
  • Molly is our only hope to save humanity. She has to go back into space and do something. I'm not for sure exactly what. You go girl! PS Please name your child so we can stop calling him Circles. 
  • So what will happen in the finale? Molly's visions inside of visions inside of visions (with her father, Marcus, etc) lead me to question if any of this is real. What if she's been aboard the space ship the entire time and these are things that will happen in the future if she doesnt act? The show could go in a number of different directions but I do hope we have some sort of resolution next week. 
Julie Picks Up Ethan As He Speeds Away On His Bike. She Still Doesnt Know He has A bomb Inside Of Him. 

Favorite Quotes:
  • "Its a memory booster. I cant inject it into your ass."- Sam to Molly. Too funny. 
  • "If you can show love, you're worthy of being loved.'- Julie to Ethan the Robot Boy.
  • Molly: "Isnt there anyone that you'd give anything to see again?" John: "Yeah, you!"  
  • "He is different but he's my son just like you are my son"- Molly to Circles about Ethan. 
  • "They're coming. There's lots of them and they're hungry."- Molly's FakeDad.  
  • "You need to stop them. You're the only one that can."- Circles to Molly.
  • "Its OK"- Katie to Sean. No, its so NOT OK FakeKatie. 
We Know You're An Alien Because You Have Really Good Posture.

Grade: 4 1/2 Monsters (out of 5). Let's hope for an off the rails exciting finale and I'll feel like my time has been well spent this summer. 


The World According To GMonster
TV:  Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality
Extant Episode 12 Recap: Theyre Coming And Theyre Hungry Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 8:57 PM Rating: 5 I had previously expressed my frustration at the pace of this show. But I'm very happy to report that "Before The Blood" B...

No comments: