The Returned Episodes 1-3 Recaps: I See Dead People And Im Loving It (Series Premiere) - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

The Returned Episodes 1-3 Recaps: I See Dead People And Im Loving It (Series Premiere)


"The Returned" is a French series that is currently airing on the Sundance channel on Thursdays at 9 ET.  There are 8 episodes total in season 1. Season 2 is scheduled for 2014. Additional info is available on Wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Returned Do yourself a favor though and don't read ahead without watching the show.

I must say I am LOOOVING "The Returned"! I saw it mentioned in "Entertainment Weekly"-- so glad I didn't miss it. I don't want to give too much away but below is the basic premise (minus all the really juicy stuff).

The show centers around people in a small French mountain village. In the first scene a bus goes off a cliff. There won't be any survivors from that. Then various dead people start showing up around town. I first thought they were from the bus crash but nope. They're dead people from all sorts of time periods. Are they just regular people come back to life or are they going to turn into flesh eating zombies at some point?  

And the water level is the town's reservoir is mysteriously dropping. Not sure what that has to do with anything. But as ya know, lots of people try to bury stuff in deep water.

  • Episode 1 "Camille"- was killed in the bus crash but shows up four years later-- much to the shock of her family. She doesn't know its four years later and that she's dead. 
  • Episode 2 "Simon"- was in love with Adele before his mysterious death 10 years ago. She had Simon's daughter and is planning to marry Thomas (a police detective). 
  • Episode 3 "Julie"- she's not dead (I don't think) but was brutally attached by a serial killer who... guess what?... is back alive too. He's up to his usual stabby ways. And I have a feeling, he's not the only one. Oh dear. Why cant just the good people come back to life?

Grade: 5 Monsters (out of 5). Yep, I don't give many of these but did mention that I love this show? Cause I do.



The World According To GMonster
TV: Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality
 



The Returned Episodes 1-3 Recaps: I See Dead People And Im Loving It (Series Premiere) Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 6:45 PM Rating: 5 " The Returned" is a French series that is currently airing on the Sundance channel on Thursdays at 9 ET.  There are 8 episodes...

No comments: