Siberia Episode 8 Recap: A Gathering Fog (I Am SERIOUSLY Obsessed With This Show) - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Siberia Episode 8 Recap: A Gathering Fog (I Am SERIOUSLY Obsessed With This Show)


I consider myself a mild mannered person. I have a great deal of restraint in my life. Why, oh why, then have I become so obsessed with "Siberia"? It started gradually. I just watched the first few episodes. After tonight's episode I feel like I've run a marathon (but I'm actually hiding under my blankets). If you haven't watched "Siberia", stop reading any recaps immediately (including this one). It will ruin it for ya. Watch a few episodes and decide for yourself.

For those, like me, who are already addicted what did you think of "A Gathering Fog"? I thought it was the best episode yet. In fact, I'll say it's the best episode I've seen of any show recently.

Here's the highlights (and a LOT went on):
  • Daniel, Joyce, Johnny and Sam and still wading through the snow trying to find the beacon. It looks like Sam is very close to death several times (and the rest aren't far behind). Just when they're ready to give up, they find the beacon. Johnny climbs it to get a better view. Unfortunately they don't read Russian because a nearby sign says "high voltage". Johnny is electrocuted and thrown from the tower. We think he's dead. Sam started CPR and revives him. They see a building in the distance and finally make it there. They break in and are able to warm up. Daniel drinks something green out of the fridge. Bad idea, dude. Look for a mutated Daniel in the near future.
  • Meanwhile back at the camp, they all wake up from their drug induced sleep (thanks to Esther) to find both Miljan and Irene missing. They run into the woods to look for them. A hand is sticking out of the snow. Is it Irene? No, it is Natalie. Annie breaks down and is inconsolable. Sabina examines the body and Natalie has been partially eaten. Oh dear, that is not good. Everyone wants to leave to keep searching for Irene, but Natalie refuses to go. Esther stays back with her. They find a shovel and attempt to bury the body but the snow is too hard. Esther is acting like a decent human being for a change. 
  • People, don't you know in mystery/horror stories you should never break into smaller groups? That's when you start getting knocked off. Anyway, Sabino and Nekko continue the search thru the deep snow and deep fog. If I had to pick a group to stay with, it would be those two. Sabina has a breakdown and tells Nekko about her son and how she lost custody of him. They keep hearing sounds and eventually see some very large two toed foot prints. What is that? Is it a Bigfoot/Yeti? I don't think they have two toes. Is it Bigfoot's giant pet pigeon? Whatever it is seems to have also attacked Natalie and Esther because when Nekko and Sabina return, they have disappeared.  They only find two toed tracks (and several sets) leading into the woods.
 Does this look like a Yeti to you?

Points to ponder:  
  • Remember the rock drawings that Daniel saw in an earlier episode? It showed humans fighting with a big creature (but I'm not sure what). Could it be a Yeti or a large bird or maybe a long thought extinct dinosaur with two toes?
  • What is up with Miljan? Does he know something or is he just crazy?
  • I have to say, EXCELLENT acting all around. Those scenes with Annie, Sabina, Joyce and Johnny were heartbreaking.
Could it be this? It's big with two toes and looks like it wants to eat someone.

Grade: 5 Monsters (out of 5). Are there only two episodes to go till the end? If so, I really hope we get some closure by then. I don't give away many 5's but this episode was, to me, perfection. I can't wait till next week.



Siberia Episode 8 Recap: A Gathering Fog (I Am SERIOUSLY Obsessed With This Show) Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 12:26 AM Rating: 5 I consider myself a mild mannered person. I have a great deal of restraint in my life. Why, oh why, then have I become so obsessed with &...

No comments: