Once Upon A Time Episode 17 Recap: Groundhog Day In Storybrooke - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Once Upon A Time Episode 17 Recap: Groundhog Day In Storybrooke



I was sooo confused by this episode but it all made sense in the end. I first thought Regina did another curse and that's why the father and son showed up in town. The show was actually cutting back and forth between 1984 (when the curse was originally enacted) and present day. The big reveal was... wait for it... Out Of Town Greg is actually Owen (the little boy that Regina tried to get to stay way back then). He's still looking for his father. Sweetie I hate to tell ya this but he's long gone and his heart is in a box.

The scenes that repeated over and over with slight variations were a lot of fun. First Ruby is wearing red shorts, next black leather pants, next black shorts. Ruby looks good in everything anyway. 

I'm sure those who ship Graham and Emma (Gremma)  or Graham and Regina (Grahina)  or Graham and Grammy (Gragra) were happy to see him back. Alright I'll stop. I'm amusing myself too much. 

Henry is still running around being Henry. He tried to blow up the well with some really funny looking dynamite. It made me laugh for some reason. Couldn't we at least let him blow off a finger or two (just a reminder not to play with dynamite)?  I was impressed with how long Regina can hold a fireball in her hand. Doesn't that start to burn after a few minutes?

We find out that Snow's heart has a dark spot on it from what she's done. Regina is delighted to see this. "I CAN have everything thanks to you. Now get off my porch"- Regina to Snow after she puts her tainted heart back into her body.

Someone should do their dissertation on the psychological makeup of Regina. That woman has enough neuroses to keep Dr Phil busy till retirement. She casts a spell to destroy everyone else's happiness. Then when she gets to Storybrooke she's still not happy. Then she keeps repeating the first day over again-- not happy, not happy and not happy. Then she becomes fixated on the new kid in town. She invites Owen and his pops over for the only two foods she can apparently cook (lasagna and apple turnovers). If Regina is all that evil why does she keep trying to wrangle small children (unless its to eat them)? First Hansel and Gretel, then Owen, then Henry. I don't think she's evil. I think she's deeply emotionally flawed and can hold onto a grudge like nobody's business. Without Cora and Rumple's interference though I think she would have been a decent person. Is it too late? Only time will tell.


Grade: 4 Monsters (out of 5). The layering of characters in this show just keeps gets better and better. No one is entirely good or entirely evil. Everyone exists in the gray area between.


Once Upon A Time Episode 17 Recap: Groundhog Day In Storybrooke Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 11:06 PM Rating: 5  I was sooo confused by this episode but it all made sense in the end. I first thought Regina did another curse and that's why the...

No comments: