The Americans Episode 7 Recap: Duty and Honor - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

The Americans Episode 7 Recap: Duty and Honor

Official synopsis: Philip and Elizabeth’s troubled marriage is further tested when a mission to discredit a Polish pro-democracy leader reunites Philip with his old flame.


This episode seemed slower paced than others but I still love it. I didn't care much about the Polish dissident story. I'm much more interested in our KGB couple. If there wasn't enough tension between Liz and Lip, Irina (his ex girlfriend and possibly the mother of his child) shows up. I'm not sure if she was honest about the son though. Those KGB agents are sneaky.  


My favorite scene was the meeting between Liz and Claudia. This was the first time they had seen each other since Elizabeth beat the crap out of her. Elizabeth says "I'm sorry I didn't kill you. That's my apology." Haaa someone's not getting a Christmas card from Claudia this year. 
  And I see it didn't take the Beeman and Nina long to get together. Who is playing who now? Nina tells him "You Americans think everything is black and white. For us everything is gray". That is definitely true of this show. I don't know who to trust. 


Irina tries to get Phillip to defect but he doesn't go. She says "Only duty and honor are real Mischa. Isn't that what were told?" I think she was another KGB plant. He narrowly dodged that bullet. 

In other news-- Liz becomes the handler for  Stanford (a friend of the guy she shot in the last episode). We hear the character's Russian names for what I think was the first time. Phillip is Mischa and Elizabeth is NadezdhaAnd something about leg warmers. That was funny. I had forgotten about those.

Grade: 4 Monsters (out of 5). Did I mention I love this show? 




The Americans Episode 7 Recap: Duty and Honor Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 9:47 PM Rating: 5 Official synopsis:  Philip and Elizabeth’s troubled marriage is further tested when a mission to discredit a Polish pro-democracy leader reu...

No comments: