Dexter Episode 11 Recap: Monkey In A Box (And By Box I Mean Coffin) - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Dexter Episode 11 Recap: Monkey In A Box (And By Box I Mean Coffin)

What happened to this once great show? Its like they took the characters of Dexter (serial killer) and his girlfriend Hannah (also a serial killer) and replaced them with Disney characters. All Dexter has done in the last few episodes is expound on how his "dark passenger" has now been replaced by his love for Hannah and his son Harrison (spinoff coming soon). Note: he apparently does NOT love his sister Deb that much since he's ditching her ass and going to Argentina. See sample gushy dialogue between Hannah and Dexter below:

Dexter: "Dr Vogel has been killed"
Hannah: "Oh my God, I'm so sorry sweetie. I know how much she meant to you".
Let's cuddle with each other till we get through this.  

Seriously? You both are serial killers. You should be used to this sort of thing by now. If they live happily ever after, I'm going to throw up. Anyway here's what else happens in this REALLY boring episode:
  • Elway barges into Deb's house and sees she's hiding Hannah.
  • Miami PD gives Dexter a going away party.
  • Quinn gives Deb back the engagement ring.
  • Masuka and his daughter have a scene. Why? I do not know.
  • Oliver pretends to be a buyer for Dexter's condo. He tries to negotiate a truce. Dexter is having none of it and tricks him into revealing himself. He is about to dispose of Saxon but then has to expound YET AGAIN on love and family and blah, blah. No one cares. Instead of killing Oliver, Dexter calls Deb who will take him into the police station. Too bad Marshall Cooper (who's been tailing the Morgans) gets conned by Oliver into untying him (so Oliver can then stab him to death and shoot Deb). Like we didn't see that coming.
  • Dexter says goodbye to Harry. Harry says "You don't need me anymore". Nope, I don't need ya either.
  • Dexter and Harrison are on the way to the airport. Hannah is at the airport but Elway is following her. Deb is laying in a pool of blood dying. A hurricane is heading for Miami. And I really don't give a @#$^ anymore.
Grade: 2 Monsters (out of 5). One episode to go till the end of the series. I just want it be over at this point. I had such high hopes. I was looking forward to a high octane, suspense filled ending (see "Breaking Bad"). This show is not ending with a bang but with a whimper.


Dexter Episode 11 Recap: Monkey In A Box (And By Box I Mean Coffin) Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 12:04 AM Rating: 5 What happened to this once great show? Its like they took the characters of Dexter (serial killer) and his girlfriend Hannah (also a ser...

No comments: