Bates Motel Season 2 Episode 4 Recap: Consequences Of Previous Decisions - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Bates Motel Season 2 Episode 4 Recap: Consequences Of Previous Decisions


This week's episode entitled "Check Out" opens with everyone facing the consequences of their previous decisions. Emma wakes up in bed next to some dude. Cupcake Boy says they didn't have sex (since she was drunk and throwing up) but he'd like to if she's interested. How romantic. I don't trust him. 

Dylan is passed out cold in his own vomit in his truck. Norma previously told him that her brother was his father. What a kick to the gut. Dylan accuses Norman of knowing all along and keeping the info from him. Dylan later confronts Caleb who doesn't outright deny having sex with his sister but says Norma's first husband is his father. Caleb gives Dylan his money back. Emma begs Norman to tell her what's up with Dylan. He says it's a"family matter". Come on, hasn't she earned your trust by now? 


Norman tells Norma (in an uncomfortable bed hugging scene) that she doesn't need to worry about Caleb anymore. Me thinks Caleb is going to face a nasty end. 
Dylan and Norma have yet another verbal altercation. Dylan says "I'm a consequence" and asks why Norma gave birth to him. She says “I was scared, I had no voice, I had no one to protect me!” Dylan says “It’s not your fault, but it’s not mine either.” What a totally messed up family. 

Norma goes to dinner with George, Christine and Peter. Norma and Drama Chick go to Caleb's hotel to scare him. Norman instead freaks out and Cody takes him back home. Cody knows there's obviously something mentally wrong with Norman. Norman then goes back to the motel. He attacks Caleb screaming "you raped me".  And with that "Mother" has been born. I was wondering when she was show up. Caleb wrestles the knife away from Norman and leaves. That was WAY too easy. 


In story line C Zane burns Romero's house down (but I don't really care). 


Favorite Quote:

“I’m a consequence. I can’t put this behind me, it’s me. How can I put me behind me?”- Dylan to Norma

Grade:  3 1/2 a Monsters (out of 5). The screaming matches between Norma and Dylan were the highlight of this episode (along of course with the arrival of "Mother"). 




The World According To GMonster
TV:  Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality



Bates Motel Season 2 Episode 4 Recap: Consequences Of Previous Decisions Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 7:36 AM Rating: 5 This week's episode entitled "Check Out" opens with everyone facing the consequences of their previous decisions. Emma wak...

No comments: