House Of Cards Season 2 Episodes 8-10 Recaps: Im Sorry I Ever Met You - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

House Of Cards Season 2 Episodes 8-10 Recaps: Im Sorry I Ever Met You


Here's my take on the goings on in episodes 8-10. There's so much happening, it's hard to keep track (so if I left anything out I'll pick it up in the next review). 

The affair between Claire and Peter Galloway is broken in the press. Raymond and Remy are behind it. Remy had previously talked to Evelyn (Claire's former chief of staff at CWI). He had Peter release several photos of her i the shower. It's payback time. Both Claire and Francis handle it with icy resolve as always. They threaten Peter's fiance's father (who is jailed in Columbia). Then they crucify Peter the media. He says to Claire "I'm sorry I ever met you" to which she doesnt blink an eyelash. This seems to be the consensus of a number of people who have had contacts with the Underwoods. 

Freddie is supposed to get $95,000 from a company who will launch a chain of "Freddie's BBQ Joints". He tries buy a house for his estranged son (Darnell) and grandson (DeShawn). Unfortunately Darnell (who is on probation) waves a gun at someone and it all comes to a screeching halt. Freddie must sell the restaurant in order to pay bail. We also learn that Freddie had previously pleaded guilty to manslaughter. He wrecked a vehicle carrying two senior citizens after a robbery. The scene between Frank and Freddie (about why Frank must distance himself) was very powerful. 

Other happenings:
  • Rachel and Lisa become an item. Me thinks Lisa works for Remy/Tusk. Doug is still in love with Rachel. What is his obsession with her? 
  • The Walkers go to see a minister for marriage counseling (at the suggestion of the Underwoods).
  • Linda resigns after a tussle with Frank. 
  • Christina is let go by Garrett (Claire planted the seed in Tricia's head that Christina was a husband stealer).
  • Claire and Jackie lock horns over the bill she's sponsoring that would provide civilian oversight to the military. Frank orders Jackie to tow the line. She refused. Frank says he made her what she is and he knows about her affair with Remy. Trouble is brewing. 
  • There is a bomb threat against Claire. Dude, get in line behind everyone else that wants to kill her. 
  • Frank and Raymond escalate their battle. Doug sics Ayla Sayyad, (reporter from the "Telegraph") on Tusk's trial. However now a federal committee is investigating the democrats (including the President) for possible improprieties. Is this all part of Frank's master plan? 
  • Claire tries to help Megan (who was also raped by General McGinnis). What is she really up to? Claire doesnt do anything out of the goodness of her heart. 
  • Conflict arises between Doug and Seth. Seth horns in on Doug's territory. Frank questions Doug's value to him. 
  • What to say about Meechum? He switched from Frank's to Claire's security detail. Frank leads a toast "To Meechum for his loyalty and service." Claire "To Edward. They are up to something.
  • Gavin and Cashew are on the trail of Doug and his stalking trips. 

Favorite Quotes:
  • "The road to power is paved with hypocrisy and casualties-- never regret."- Frank.
  • "Let's make him (Tusk) suffer."- Claire. "I don't know whether to be proud or terrified."- Frank.
  • "I ain't one for looking back. Eyes ahead."- Freddie to Frank.
  • "I've always loathed the necessity of sleep. Like death It puts the most powerful of men on their backs"- Frank.
  • "How many elections have you won? How many congressional committees have you chaired? Would you even be working in the White House if I hadn't recommended you during the campaign?"- Frank to Linda.
  • "I've never thought higher of her than I do at this moment. She lost, but she played to win."- Frank about Linda after her resignation. 
  •  "I like the pain... It hurt a lot. I killed a lot of people... In the Army. The pain, it helps."- Jackie to Remy while in bed.
  • Claire "Are you unsatisified (ie sexually)"? Frank "there are too many distractions now, no one we can trust". 
  • Adam says. "I'm sorry I ever met you. All you've ever done is cause me pain." Claire says in response "We're giving you an out Adam. And if you choose not to take it, I will bury you."

Grade: 4 1/2 Monsters (out of 5). Some more great episodes. At this point I cringe whenever I see Frank or Claire on the screen I cringe (especially if they're being nice). 



The World According To GMonster
TV: Heavy On Sci Fi, Horror & Adventure; Light On Reality



House Of Cards Season 2 Episodes 8-10 Recaps: Im Sorry I Ever Met You Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 5:02 PM Rating: 5 Here's my take on the goings on in episodes 8-10. There's so much happening, it's hard to keep track (so if I left anything ...

No comments: