American Horror Story Coven Episode 2 Recap: Parts Is Parts - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

American Horror Story Coven Episode 2 Recap: Parts Is Parts


I just love "American Horror Story"! It's probably a good thing they don't release all the episodes at the same time or I would call off sick to work just to watch it. Here's the main plot points in episode 2 "Boy Parts":
  • The show opens with Misty Day (Lily Rabe) still hanging out in the swamp. She makes two alligator hunters (who mistake her as being from PETA) pay by having the dead alligators eat them. She apparently really loves Stevie Nicks  and calls her the first "white witch".
  • Zoe and Madison go to morgue where they find Kyle (I'm going to call him FrankenKyle) literally in pieces. They sew him back together from the best parts of the other guys and then bring him back to life. No I don't know where THAT part came from. Good thing the girls learned how to sew. Misty (who was hiding in the back seat of Zoe's car for some reason) offers to help them out. FrankenKyle is going to stay with her for a while and learn some Stevie Nicks tunes (provided he can do something other than grunt). Misty seems to be lonely in the swamp. She should move into the school.
  • We get a little bit of Queenie's back story. Since she is listed as a guest star I'm afraid she may be gone at any time. The last we saw of her, Delphine had hit her in the head with a candlestick.
  • Fiona is trying to strong arm Delphine LaLaurie on how exactly she was able to stay alive in a box for 180 years. Nan releases her when her thoughts are too much to deal with.
  • Fiona goes to a hair salon in the 9th Ward and confronts Marie Laveau (who apparently also has the gift of immortality). The scenes between Jessica Lange and Angela Bassett are to die for. It's wonderful to see such strong actors working together. We learned that a slave girl taught voodoo to some of the witches in Salem in the 1600s and that is the source of conflict between Marie and Fiona all these years later. Oh and Marie's minotaur boyfriend is still alive too.
  • Delia is trying to get pregnant with her husband Hank. She doesn't want to use magic but things aren't working the natural way so she casts a spell and they have sex inside a circle. There's an egg and some snakes and some gunpowder and I'm not sure what all else. Artificial insemination might have been an easier route to take.
  • During Fiona and Delphine's discussion we learn she was planning to kill her husband. To paraphrase they (Marie and the slaves) hung up him but I didn't care cause I was planning to kill him in a few weeks anyway. Put some poison in his buckwheat.
Favorite quotes:
  • "The point is in this whole wide wicked world, the only thing you have to be afraid of is ME."- Fiona to Madison and Zoe.
  • "Mother Nature has an answer for everything. Healed me when I was burned alive"- Misty Day
  • "I loved all my girls, even the ugly one, in my own way... the moment she came out of my belly she was a shame to me, had the face of a damn hippo but I loved her just the same"- Madame LaLaurie
  • "You've got a mean streak wider than your backside"- Fiona to Madame LaLaurie

Grade: 4 1/2 Monsters (out of 5). So far this season is everything I had hoped for and more!


American Horror Story Coven Episode 2 Recap: Parts Is Parts Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 7:33 PM Rating: 5 I just love "American Horror Story"! It's probably a good thing they don't release all the episodes at the same time or...

No comments: