Sons Of Anarchy Episodes 3-4 Recaps: Poenitentia and Wolfsangel - GMonsterTV

728x90 AdSpace

Powered by Blogger.

Sons Of Anarchy Episodes 3-4 Recaps: Poenitentia and Wolfsangel


I've moved to recapping "Sons of Anarchy" every two weeks. Since the Fall season began, there's WAY too many shows to watch and too little time. Maybe I should quit my job so I can watch TV full time. NOT an option but it' still nice to pretend.  

Highlights from episode 3 "Poententia" (which according to Webster's means "an opportunity to withdraw from an obligation before it is completed"; or it could mean "a reckoning"):
  • I can't help but compare Jax to Walter White from "Breaking Bad". He started off a good person (but in Jax's case he was born into the business). Ever so slowly he took a few steps closer and closer to the line between good and evil. Now he's as bad as everyone else (if not worse).
  • That Toric is one cray cray dude. First he killed that hooker and made it look like Nero . Then he tried to use two of Neros' dudes as bottle openers. Eeeekkkk.
  • Why did Wendy lie to Gemma about being attacked? Is she is cahoots with Tara to pull a fast one on Gemma? Is Tara getting ready to testify against Gemma and the MC and then go into witness protection with the boys?
  • Looks like Clay will be in prison for a while (since he's not in protective custody).
  • Is Tara really pregnant? I don't think so. Its just to keep them from possibly killing her.
  • Is this the end of Tig?
Highlights from episode 4 "Wolfsangel" (a Wolfsangel is a device used in hunting that keeps the animal trapped after it takes the bait but doesn't kill it immediately; it's also a Nazi symbol).
  • This episode made it again quite evident that Jackson Teller is headed down the same path as Clay.
  • The scene between Lee Toric and Otto was over the top great! Otto used the shank that Clay slipped him during their visit. Otto is then killed by the guards in a hail of bullets. Toric and tongue-less Otto (Kurt Sutter) have left the building.
  • Tig lives to die in another episode.  
  • Poor Unser gets roughed up again.
  • Phil and a prospect are killed by Galen. I don't really care about the Galen/IRA storyline. How bout you? 
  • And a bunch of skinheads are mowed down by SAMCRO. Only a few million more to go.  
  • How can what's-her-name be both the club's lawyer and Tara's divorce lawyer at the same time? Isn't that a conflict of interest?
  • Do all these episodes really need to be ~90 minutes long? I think they could be just as effective at 60 minutes. Some of us don't belong to a motorcycle club and have to go to our boring desk jobs the next morning.
Favorite quotes:
  • "You don't hate me because I'm bad, you hate me because I'm familiar"- Clay to Toric.
  • "Let's just say it wasn't Traeger's time"- August as to why Tig is still alive.
  • "I didn't even see that coming"- Toric to Otto after he stabbed him. Nor did I sir.  

Grade: 3 1/2 Monsters (out of 5). Episode 3 was a little slow but there were some great scenes in episode 4. I'm not sure who to root for anymore. It's choosing the lesser of all evils since there don't seem to be any good guys. I cant root for Jax, Gemma, Tara or Clay. And I definitely wasn't rooting for Toric (RIP ya loon).


Sons Of Anarchy Episodes 3-4 Recaps: Poenitentia and Wolfsangel Reviewed by GMonsterTV on 10:24 PM Rating: 5  I've moved to recapping "Sons of Anarchy" every two weeks. Since the Fall season began, there's WAY too many shows t...

No comments: